New to Heat, here are my issues so far... ( Love it tho )

Ok so I just got the Heat and here are my issues with it so far.

First off Im running 2017 Imac i7 4.2 40 gigs ram OSX 10.3.2
Latest version of Logic and Ableton

I constantly get a error when I put the plugin on tracks. It will work but it most likely will lose connection, telling me to reconnect the usb cable. And while that might work, sometimes it doesn’t, or it will say that it cant find my heat. I have a rytm and I have no issues with that one. Also when putting the Heat plugin on a track, it spikes once it goes active, is this normal ? I have to dim my monitors so I don’t want to kill my ears everytime i put a new instance on a track. Last thing that has been bugging me is that I get bad latency sometimes. Sometimes it works and sometimes its horrible. I have a good machine, everything should be running smoothly but for some reason I’m having these issues. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys !

Hopefully someone can chime in with specific Mac experience. I’m PC based but will throw in a generic question… are you on the correct version of Overbridge for that version of OS on the Heat? When I got mine IIRC, I had to upgrade to a later version, because my AR was older and I was using a prior OB version. Everything has been running fine since.

Try to enjoy though! Wonderful machine it is!

Sounds like software I would just update it again and reset it

macOS versions below 10.11 are currently not supported by the Heat plugin

2 Likes

Thanks - that must be it - I just got a new iMac so it came with this OS - guess I’ll wait then !

1 Like

Wait, are you sure it’s not 10.13.2?

Your right I just checked, sorry! It’s 10.13.2
Is that one supported ?

It works for me but I’ve heard that some people have had problems with this one. I suggest to go to elektron.se, register yourself and create a new ticket. They will advise you further.

1 Like