New to elektron and now addicted : )

Yeah Bitwig is the best DAW in my opinion. But in my normal job iam sitting in front of the pc for 8 hours and after that it feels very hard to get motivated to make music with the pc.

Really enyoing the workflow, no mouse and keyboard just the 2 elektrons :slight_smile:

This is my setup right now. I set up patches on the computer. My friend got me a ewaste computer that use just for the Analg Keys. The keys sequencer is a soundcard and usb midi controller and triggers the synths in Bitwig… Goes into the OT from there. Great for sampling movies, or whatever as well. But mixing the digital with the analog voices is insane.

3 Likes

I did the same thing got the Rytm mk2, pretty much straight away got the analog four mk2
I think it’s the depth the machines have and the sequencer that makes them so enjoyable to use, and then you have overbridge to record with…

2 Likes

Congrats! Welcome! But be careful - people say modular gear is a money pit - Elektron is super addictive!

2 Likes

Ableton Live 10/11 is great with Elektron as well.

2 Likes

Nice

Throw some digital synths from Bitwig in alongside the A4’s analog voices with AR on drum duties and you really have everything you could ever want. Well, maybe there’s room for an Octatrack, too. And a DN, haha. Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

4 Likes

True. I think clip based DAW´s work very well with Elektrons.

and a Digitakt…

2 Likes

I was thinking about an Octatrack before. :laughing: Thought they would announce a MK3 version with overbridge. Maybe later. But for sampling this would be great. And I have a lot of good VST´s to sample. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

My advice is, stick to AR and A4 for now. And maybe some more time… I have the mk1 s since many years and albeit wandering around and trying to change setup and incorporate a daw or other hardware or iPad, I always come back to the simplicity of AR and A4 Combo. For me it strikes the perfect balance with clear boundaries and Workflows but great possibilities for creativity within it…

2 Likes

The addiction only gets worse like any addiction. And that leads to the OT. Get some therapy before its too late :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks for the advice. I will spend a lot of time just using both machines. Yesterday I started with both machines together and routed the main audio from AR to A4 and A4 direct in my soundcard. No use of Overbridge or Bitwig. I want to learn those machines by just using them alone.

:rofl: :rofl:
True!

1 Like

I also use them without a mixer and feed a4 directly into AR… so they hit the compressor together

Also you can do this:

Since you have the mk2s you can control both also via the a4 cv outputs to the 2 rytm and a4 cv Inputs:

I also play the rytm from a4s little keyboard…

1 Like

Thanks so much. Before I was thinking - “I dont need the CV IN/OUT because I dont have any modular stuff or another hw synth which I can control with this”. Really good to connect those to control stuff. Even the headphone out to sample the A4 inside the AR - good tip :slight_smile:
On my old SubPhatty I used the headphone out to made a feedback into the filter for distortion. I really should try this on both machines and sample this :thinking:

1 Like

Nah, don’t fight it. Just get the OT to complete the trinity. Then, you’ll be happy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to our little community.

1 Like

I completely understand.

Awesome devices. Awesome community.

2 Likes