New to Digitakt

Hey everyone; i recently purchased a digitakt and am working on setting up a workflow with logic pro 10.7 and the vermona drm. I would like to make a template that does everything I want so I can sit down and just play and record what i play. The goals of this are as follows;

1. Logic sends master clock and start/stop to Digitakt

2. Digitakt sends individual audio outs for 8 sample tracks to logic via overbridge

3. Vermona drm patterns are controlled by 8 midi tracks on digitakt (1 per voice on the drm)

4. Vermona individual outs are routed to 8 channels on audio interface to 8 tracks in logic for recording.

5. Audio out from logic sent to digitakt for sampling

Thats what I want to achieve.

I’ve been having lots of trouble getting the digitakt to send sequences to the vermona. Its been easy to set up the one sound per track but the vermona isnt responding to the notes in a sequence sent from the digitakt.

I am able to easily sequence the vermona using midi patterns in logic; maybe using the devices in parallel is the way to go; but I dont think this is the best way.

I would love to hear any and all thoughts and ideas you may have on this. Thanks for listening.

Welcome!

Everything you want to do should be possible. I am an Ableton user, so I can’t speak to how to get the DAW set up, but you can for sure directly connect the DT to your Vernona with. 5-pin MIDI cable, if that works for you.

Are the MIDI channels on the Digitakt muted?

Update: managed to get the digitakt sequences into the vermona via 5 pin midi and vermona is now producing sounds.

I guess the next step is to make an overbridge template in logic and try and keep the midi magic going

2 Likes

Update:
Able to use overbridge and ind outs for recording digitakt into logic: made template (very happy)

Able to control vermona drm using 5 pin out digitakt to 5 pin in vermona and record stereo out from vermona into logic (need to learn about saving settings on digitakt so i can plug and play without having to midi learn with drm each time)

Cannot do both simultaneously yet.

Any insight into how you use the midi tracks of the digitakt to control external gear in logic pro would be really helpful

It shouldn’t be a problem to do both at once. The DT can receive clock via Overbridge while still sending MIDI out via both 5 pin and USB, if you wanted to control both your DRM as well as other VSTs in your DAW.

It might be more helpful if you describe how you have your MIDI configured on the DT. It’ll be in SETTINGS -> MIDI CONFIG

The other thing to check is how your DT is set up in Overbridge. Screenshots and/or descriptions may make it easier for the forum to help out.

2 Likes