So October is closing soon. Weren’t they supposed to drop some info on the mixer and other thing?
Maybe we get a Halloween treat.
The OP-XY promo runs through November 3rd, so you’ll get the Riddim marketing campaign right after.
Check the latest post at TE, both the riddim and the ting are to be released next week: now
EP–40 riddim and EP–2350 ting
So it’s been confirmed that the EP-2350 is a mic, not a mixer…
lol there is definitely a missing sentence about giving some proceeds on Ting and Riddim sales back to the community in need, right?
‘Our hearts go out, we just spent months there developing products that capitalize on the culture and were all able to safely bounce before the recent catastrophic hurricane. Ting and Riddim will be released next week, keep an eye out’
Feels like the post isn’t really enough. If I knew some % of sales, even just initial sales went to the actual community they worked with, I think I’d actually consider buying!
Maybe they will send a Lamborghini
I’m guessing you didn’t send in a % of your pay check either! Gross!
Haha you got me there! But I’m also not a company making Jamaican themed music toys to market to a predominately US and Euro consumer.
It’s pretty clear, if they feel compelled to write a post about it, maybe they’d feel compelled to actually do something to help?
Would be cool to see them kick some money back to the community that they just used as market research!
Yeah I would be cool but also not all companies use there donations to tragedies as advertising opportunities. Maybe complexities with have a company with investors means that the owners of TE would have to make personal donations. End of the day we don’t know and it’s not really are place to know. Would a public announcement of a percentage of sales be nice? Yeah. Would a flat sum right now and not a % of a yet to be released niche product be better? Probably. I dunno I still feel this sort of thing isn’t really are place to cast judgement given the unknowns, better to look at are own funds and see if we are able to give.
If 13 reggae artists actually agreed to be part of it, maybe we don’t need to be offended for them ![]()
It’s kinda crazy needing to see contract agreement, percentages and whatnot just to feel okay about a sampler — sampling culture has always been about blending different sounds, styles and cultures ![]()
I’m so pumped to plug this into my MPC for looping shout outs to the guy who keeps juke’in my table.
This little mic is going to get more use than my EP-og.
Agreed! People love their moral high ground when they get to pick and choose it! Especially online!
Fully get this argument, but I think it stems from the knowledge of how shitty A. Business is, and B. Music business in particular.
Are we jumping to conclusions? Sure. But sometimes we do need to keep them in check as well.
That’s the problem!
Why does everything need to be an argument! Life is way too short to be upset over something you have zero control over!
I heard that the ting fx mic was gonna be in the 30 dollar range and that it was gonna be in the 60 dollar range, anyone have any insights?
There’s arguments and arguments, one is your pitch or stance on a topic, the other is disagreeing and discussing in a semi-heated fashion. I was referring to the former.
ie: i see your point
Edit: i can’t spell
It’s $85
damn… i’d heard 35, then 61, now 85 they better hurry up ![]()
Someone showed it listed on two websites for $85