New Teenage Engineering products

:blush:

1 Like

Just when you thought it was impossible to top Polyend for taking the mickey!

3 Likes

Designer stuff for ppl with lots of money.
Even though the pricing of their table amuses me every time I’m not completely against this kind of stuff.

I don’t need anything they make but surely some ppl want these fancy objects.

Otherwise they’d be out of business already.

2 Likes

It’s clear that TE place emphasis on ‘design’, it’s always been there from the start.

They have a platform/shop to feature products, this one they say is from a close designer friend.
The description is pretty clearly stating that it’s nearly useless.

I don’t have $250 to spend on it, nor does having things like this on my shelf make me feel good, but I understand that some people have the money, just like they have money to spend on fine art, and derive enjoyment from seeing it on their shelf. Maybe it reminds them to think open-mindedly like they once did as a child.

I don’t know, but I don’t really think it’s pointless gear for clicks, they just dropped this on their site without much fan-fare. I think the reality is closer to using their platform to support a friend.

This likely has no impact on the development of the next firmware update or product launch, nor does it likely take away the bandwidth of any of their staff. It ships from the USA, so it’s not even something they seem to really be involved in. it’s not a big deal, and tbh TE selling this does not evoke a comparison to Polyend :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Wtf is This even?

5 Likes

It’s obviously for gripping the car.

More Details

I don’t really know.

7 Likes

Scandinavian design. :slight_smile:

Yeah, but is it a toy or a trolly or something

Not remotely music related that’s what it is haha

:rofl: :rofl:

Fidget spinner for rich people

2 Likes

Fair assessment.

Can’t wait for loopop’s demo video.

Fair and logical assessment.

Can’t wait for loopop’s video breaking down the pros and cons.

Dat grip has nothing to do with whats dropping tomorrow,
I played around with it and honestly don’t know if people here will like it or not, they have a big release party tomorrow in stockholm so it’s a new line (sort of)

5 Likes

drop some hints please :slight_smile:

exactly.

a CEO lifts their head up from papers on a desk to look at an unpaid intern across the room

“Do you know what that is, intern?” (points to TE Grip Car :tm: on shelf)

“It’s a reminder to play with the rules, break 'em if you have to. Do what you need to win. That’s why i’m sitting in this leather TE singing choir chair right now, i’m not afraid to play the game. Now gtfo of my office and make some more cold calls.”

(dejected intern leaves office, head hung low)

1 Like

Expectations managed, thank you!

1 Like

I don’t wan’t to kill the buzz and it’s a nice product (depending on price)
there are already some hints in this thread

Too early?

Rats- was really hoping for a big OP1-F firmware update!

1 Like

Edit: No hints (it’s in the thread)