New Teenage Engineering products coming to NAMM2017?

its meant to be live and alive. i personally hate to put in 4 hours of silence for 4 minutes of music and video, iam more like 4 minutes silence and 4 hours live jamming. same with video. i’ve used pixivisor for that exact behavior, jamming along to live visuals without sitting in front of a computer.

1 Like

Yeah can relate to that :slight_smile: Editing video is slowww…

This is def not aimed at my scene but looks killer time saver/convenience/artistic tool for Edm heads and club shows etc.

1 Like

OP-Z OP-Z my Kingdom for the OP-Z

That OP-Z looks really nice! So much functionality cramped in a tiny box. We’ve got till september to save up…

opz is just the fucking bomb.

so much stuff that can be done with this integration.

4 Likes

I expect the price to be in the OP-1 ballpark, but that’s just a wild guess.

maybe 399 is the maximum. don’t know if they go to sell a lot of them if it’s a grand.

Looks like fixed assignments for each of the 16 tracks.

is this an upgrade from the op-1? i’m kind confused about what this is … i was about to buy op-1
can someone shed a light pleasE?

I suspect it’s a bit different to the OP-1, and a bit cheaper. This seems to be about the sequencing / syncing / module possibilities and less about synth engines and effects.

the image combo seems very awesome

When OP-Z was announced last year, the answer was no. Maybe this will help:

2 Likes
1 Like

Cool, so left knob is pitch and right knob is some kind of general variation like velocity or something? Quite a variety of sounds and quite a lot of variation within each. Parameter changes also seem buttery smooth. Yep, I think this is an instabuy.

I bought a bunch of the Pocket Operators last Christmas as presents for all my little cousins. I can’t really get down with them myself due to the 16 pattern, 16 step limitation. They’re neat, but just toys to me. Memory limitations are a real problem for me.

1 Like

Yeah well, at least this time there’s a way to transfer your patterns to the computer, so you can use all 16 seqs for a single song if you want. To me this was the biggest gripe with the other Po models, glad to see the situation improved.

Ah, cool. Didn’t realize this one lets you save and load pattern data.

I would absolutely buy a pocket operator Cat. I have tried many times to record my cat but he clams up as soon as the tape is rolling.

2 Likes

PO-32 has the same morphing capability as the plugin where you can morph between two different sounds. Sort of like the octatrack slider.

3 Likes

I ordered mine yesterday. It’s still showing in stock however?