New Teenage Engineering products coming to NAMM2017?

Yeah guess I always have my phone on me, could turn out to be a fluid marriage in practise. Curious to see what’s possible on this thing. Looks like it’ll be interesting…

iam literally shaking as i just wanted to look for the Tonic preorder. man iam saving my money just for this, don’t want to see the rest. iam so excited that this thing is so intelligent

1 Like

this ‘ala minute photo feature’ slow motion video instantly becomes a videoclip synced to music. iam dying

1 Like

Hahaha.

Tbh I couldn’t really care less about the photo/video thing. Not a fan of autogenerated type stuff. Could see it’s appeal in a squeeze tho if no time to make something legit. Or maybe I’m underestimating those features? Any links to exactly what the visuals side of it does?

full Unity integration. buddy. UNITY

1 Like

What’s unity?

2 Likes

Don’t have time to dig around, you got a link for the kind of stuff that’ll be possible?

So what’s the price of the OP-Z?

its a massive 3d game engine

…and that is just the video synced part of OP-Z.

Yeah can see people digging that. Edm dudes especially. Looks interesting feature.

BOY. its huge. and completely new.

1 Like

C’mon Cuckoo, let’s now see your production video2 :blush:

Holy shebulba baby. This looks so much better than anticipated!

2 Likes

Fair enough. The kind of videos Im in to wouldn’t benefit from a synth syncing to it tho so think it’d be extraneous from my POV. I mean you still have to edit/design the visuals right? So why not just design them in sync to the track you want them to go to anyway? No need for hardware sync marriage? Think I’m coming from different corridor to you tho. Guessing this is more aimed at visuals for shows etc?

Yeah I’d imagine so. The barrier for entry for designing live visuals is rather high at the moment, it’s something I’ve always planned to teach myself but info and software is quite scattered and non-integrated. Any tool that can bridge that gap and make visuals easy/fun is a great thing IMO.

3 Likes

Wow and here I was thinking the OP-Z would become some sort of OP-1 on a budget without screen… This is going to be the All In One product v2.0 instead.

I am glad I get some time to safe some cash for this, but I am seriously surprised by this. This is something I would call new and original :slight_smile: GO TE!

3 Likes

yeah. its all that without that lame theory and silence. its a live visual machine (part of) and a multitimbral synth and seq. Instant results in any direction.

looks like a quirky way to sequence things , and finally someone using the best screens around instead of adding the cost onto the box. presumably the touch screen is used to adjust/program everything and not just display it.

i wonder if the ios app also generates any type of audio.
and more details on the synth types would be good, i doubt theres anything missing as op1 has a good range.

price - probably 500 ish ?

Huh?

it’s mentioned as a dual domain technique, so the OPz speaks to the APP and vice versa to complete each other but it isn’t necessary at all to use a screen btw.