New Syntakt Machine Predictions

There’s lots of posts about what new machines people would like to be added, but I have my own theory (which I’m not going to share) on what might actually be on the roadmap so thought I’d give my personal view on what we might see coming in the future.

SY Sync - an analog machine similar to SY RAW but with emphasis on oscillator sync, possibly with a dedicated pitch envelope.

SY Vowel - a digital machine with a formant filter (exposed or under the hood) for creating human vowel like sounds.

Thoughts?

6 Likes

I’d say new hats, claps & snares should be next.

and sample player obvs :wink:

9 Likes

What I’d really like are the machines from Fors Opal, especially the Mass Modal synth and the Dust Pulsar synth.

Physical modelling and interesting noise stuff would be my preference.

8 Likes

+1 for Fors & interesting noise stuff.

2 Likes

I think they are done with new machines

4 Likes

…really no idea what next “new” hihats, claps and snares could do…

latest team machine sound pack showcased in a very impressive way, what the last added oh so limited and “deadsimple” machines are capable of and can easilly add to any kind of sonic equasion…

all what’s missing to me, are some obvious vowel and spelling machines…
and maybe some bunch of additional little fx gimmick machines, establishing a sort of neighbour track concept…

and due to the fact that we got 8 digital engine slots on top of basic essential boom, tschak, bass, hat options in analog fashion, all those still complaining about lack of poly, better try copy propy actions of same or nearly same track content and let them counter react to each other right there in the top row at least once…

meanwhile, the modifier/macro control concept still offers lot’s of headroom for improovements…

2 Likes
2 Likes

Eventually the A4 went fully polyphonic, even if it was sold as 4 mono only. For years, if I remember.

…a4 always gave the option for various poly settings if u whished to combine it’s four mono voices…

but ur right, i don’t see any reason, why this option would not might work also for the sy…
but what do i know about coding…

1 Like

This is what I meant by 4 mono only at first (@ 5:34)

2 Likes

Lol

2 Likes

I feel like things have been trending towards harmonica’s lately, so definitely a harmonica machine.

3 Likes

you wanted to break a lance for the Syntakt, but then you dismissed the analog tracks.
Which can do crazy drones, guitar feedback noises, weird noisy and squealy bass sounds, thick analog ringmod basses, huge gabber kicks and what not …

However, I hate Alloy with a passion (at least when used for hihats) and would love to have a Machinedrum Physical Informed hihat machine that gives something that sounds like a 909 hihat.

It’s that one gap in the sonic palette of the Syntakt!

8 Likes

Kazoo maybe?

5 Likes

Txalaparta machine please.
glaring ommision

1 Like

Yup, kazoo machine will also be included with the harmonica machine. They will be bundled into a package called ‘This Blows’, which includes a breath controller that plugs into the secret jack on the bottom of the Syntakt.

Ooof

Everybodies looking for that secret jack now.

5 Likes

…nope…no diss, no miss…

the analog engines alone cover already all the essential edges any kind of track u could dream of…and for sure, they can go beyond it all and also have the glorious potential of heavy sonic abuse…

it’s never the car, it’s always the driver…

and since u seem a good one, i guess ur passionate hatefukkery of alloy leads to great examples of such next level abuse to conquer new sonic terretories… :wink:

Cuícaaaaaa!!!

2 Likes

It already has a supersaw.