New Roland synths : Jupiter X / Boutique JU06a / Fantom

Ooohh some new gear from Roland. The Jupiter looks pretty tasty

https://www.pmtonline.co.uk/blog/2019/09/05/new-roland-fantom-keyboards-announced/

3 Likes

23 posts were split to a new topic: MC 707 / 101 : New Roland Grooveboxes

707 looks good fun indeed. The 101 is portable which is tempting

More on the Jupiter’s

1 Like
2 Likes

oh wow.

Maybe the tb03 will drop in price a little

It’s a shame the ju06a is still only 4 note poly , but nice to have 106 and 60 in same box.

2 Likes

The smaller one looks like it’d make a nice addition to a compact set up… That plus some Elektron boxes would be nice.

1 Like

Jupiter Xm
Using their new A-Core synth engine, this differs from ACB in that is is more CPU efficient and can provide up to 256 voices across 5 part multi-timbrality with FX and assignable performances.

ACB is history, A-Core is the new thing :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Marketing bullshit, lol… it’s all code.

5 Likes
3 Likes

The new Fantom is actually in stock at Andertons. They other things are on pre-order.

Damn. No Fanton rack.

Interesting, but aside from the JU06a I doubt I’ll indulge, the MC-707 looks pretty capable but probably not for me because it falls into that funny area where it does not have focus, I think I have come to realise I like limitations and more of a clear cut and direct interaction. I’d be concerned that having a bazillion sounds and too much multifunction layers would hinder me, but I may be wrong, I’ll definitely keep my eyes on it and user opinions once they hit the streets.

5 Likes

Busy week for him :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I’m thinking it could be a killer looper (better than the rc-505) ?

But yeah, probably ok at everything else.

Maybe now secondhand prices of the JU06 will finally go down. They’re literally double what those things retailed for lol… I regretted buying the JP08 (which I later sold) only cause I could made a decent coin off the 06. Ah well. My buddy/roommate at the time had a Juno 60 :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

So tha fantôme has 16 pads and tr style programming? Wow

1 Like

My thoughts:
I love the JV / XV series and if they put the whole sample ROM of the XV5080 and a patch compatibility to the Jupiter I am very interested. Looks like the System 8 will be obsolete soon when they put the whole 101 / 106 /J8 stuff inside the Jupiter X. I wonder if it will be possible to use the analog modeling synth and PCM based synth at the same time or if a reboot is necessary like in the System 8 / 1.

The JU06a looks nice, regarding the second hand prices of the JU06 it was only logical to release a new Juno clone. But why in the name of Ikutaro Kakehashi will it only have four voices again? FOUR?!?!? The Juno has six! I really don´t get it.

3 Likes

depends. The system 8 is not just an emulation but a really capable synth on its own

Edit:
Not sure how much sound quality they sacrificed to attain so many voices compared to the system 8 and the boutiques

1 Like

thank goodness! don’t know what I’d do without 51.2 voices per part!

3 Likes