New Roland AIRA/Boutique instruments 9.09

Then we are sort of in agreement!

I agree with every word you said, I just think Roland will take Korg on, it’s just a shame that they aren’t really doing anything new or pushing the boundaries, they are regurgitating old equipment.
Yes I can’t deny Roland have given us some of the most iconic synths, drum machines and samplers but that was many years ago.

Everyone has met that bloke who had a walk on part in The Bill and every time you meet him he brings it up.
Get over yourself mate, no one gives a digital rim shot what you did years ago!

Roland, listen, use the XT technology and ramp it up for the love of sweet corn!

1 Like

If Korg released their Gadgets as hardware they would end the universe as we know it!
But that’s a wet dream that could well see you electrocuted in your bed…

2 Likes

And for what it’s worth, the boutiqe range now works with full CC, since the latest firmware update. So that’s sorted.

1 Like

They are definitely going to extend the Boutique range, they will need to capitalise on that popularity for sure.

The only product that doesn’t overlap in the ARIA range is a groovebox. However that will be crippled in some way, no doubt. A machine that sits between a Toraiz and the new Electribes will sell a ton for Roland.

They cant go wrong, every product that is being released are being measured up against old Roland stuff, and according to demand everybody needs a 101, 303, 808 and 909.
However its is most likely the “trueness” factor that drives the demand rather than actual need as everything is available in the current gear palette from Roland. And i rarely hear a 303 on new releases.

^ “. A machine that sits between a Toraiz and the new Electribes will sell a ton for Roland.” This!!! Massive gap in the standalone sampler market. Between electribe and octa/toraiz

1 Like

I think this gap is called Maschine. Digital drum computer, Digital Sampler, Sequencer … I hope they will make it standalone…for 1200 euro

1 Like

v-synth engine based groovebox with DUAL D-BEAMS MOTHERFUCKERS

2 Likes

I’d buy it in a New York minute.

2 Likes

I’d buy a Boutique sized groovebox, for sure.

1 Like

I’d buy that for a dollar.

1 Like

Quicksilver looks good for sure.

I’m guessing this is part of the “DJ” side of the Roland releases… https://serato.com/roland

1 Like

It is worth it for the mute switches and the 32 step patterns alone but goes well beyond that.

I bought one of the test 606s from the social entropy forum so the cpu was already installed. Didn’t even have to get my hands dirty

2 Likes

So it seems some kind of new 909 has been mentioned by Junior Sanchez on Instagram. https://www.instagram.com/p/BJjOqcsgWP4/

id suspect a new 909 could have some analog voices, maybe sampling - possibly a new “groovebox”…

the MC-909 was probly the highest end one they ever made… dont forget, Roland invented the term “groovebox” for the MC series

1 Like

If they’re gonna be boutiques, I imagine they’ll be like the former boutiques, mostly faithful circuit modelled recreations with the occasional upgrade thrown in.

I can only imagine the 808 is on the horizon too.

So you reckon these will be digital then?

I am kinda hoping the 9 would be analog, but if it’s gonna be boutique-sized, it probably won’t be… So tanzmaus it will be for me then for my 909 fix

Already have a xoxbox with MarOS for my teebee fix, so the 303 will only interest me if it’s analog AND has a full MIDI implementation.

Still hoping 9 will be analog tho!

Was thinking that, then I thought about the Volcas - no reason it’s not possible because of the form factor. Speculation on Muffs that they’ll be SMD analog (whatever that means). Time will tell, but given that they’ve already got relatively recent and very competent digital models on the market in the TR8 and TB3, it would make no sense to me for these not to be analogue.

1 Like

The volcas are the modern x0x’es in my world (cheap, underrated “toy” boxes that will inspire new generations like the OG x0x’es once did)

SMD is wonderful, I really wish the wigglers have got it right!