New Roland AIRA/Boutique instruments 9.09

(Edited thread title to include Boutique)

Thanks for pointing that out - I had sort of glossed over that one.

TB-03 now has built in overdrive circuit (not on original or tt-303)

according to somehwere i read, the tr-8 ACB model is based on an 808, so technically you kind of have it already. that being said, i think it is highly likely they come out with a tr-08 down the road based on sales of the tr-09 etc.

Really loking forward to trey the system 8, I like my elektron gear but I need a nice poly with a good UI to complement it.

No mini shit from Elektron, please.

I get that people want those, but Korg+Roland+Teenage Engineering mini stuff is enough.

Big, proper, black boxes, thanks!

4 Likes

The VP-03 sampling time is 100ms, not clear whether that is per step or total though.

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Avalon Bassline…worth it?/ Opinion

Its just the form factor for me, il be honest with you I totally get why “mini” is a no no lol but elektron could do it right mini doesn’t have to be a no no. I like solid robust design too… im by no means saying go super cheap, id be upset if they did that.

So since EVERYONE has/ is getting some form of 303 now, does that spell the end of acid? The end, as in ‘obnoxiously omnipresent’? Every ruddy popsong will have an acidline in it…?

2 Likes

Guitar.

4 Likes

Probably both, then.

Been done:

(In the same year the TB-303 was released, actually…)

4 Likes

Not everyone who has a 303/303 clone does acid. I made this with my Bassbot, Octatrack and viola. Yes, “acid” is in the title, but I think most people would not consider it so, LOL!

1 Like

Classic tune. Glasgow band but looks like the vid was shot in London? 3 guitars vs one audible, who’s playing the 303?? Lol

The one brother though…he was probably like, “yo man, I got this little silver box. Let’s use it on this track, playa. That’s what’s up!”

Aight mate, wanna be in r video? LOL!

Zeke was the drummer.

Also, would you mind dialing down the racist lingo?

4 Likes

Racist? I’m not sure you have a sense of perspective, but I appreciate you wish to be the first to point out what a sensitive and morally-upstanding individual you are. We see you, and thank you.

Oh, hell yeah, he was a drummer all right :wink:

2 Likes

Damn sure. And a pretty great vocalist. Check out this recent house/disco collaboration with Faze Action:

4 Likes