New product from Arturia? [DrumBrute]

Great post. To me when someones says “sounds like an ER1…”. I’m like “Awsome, that must be amazing” I’ve had an er1 mk2 for over 10 years Ill ever sell mine. In fact I now have 2 just in case one of them ever dies :slight_smile:

1 Like

lol, that more than compensates

Complaining that the DrumBrute isn’t stereo is stupid imo

1 Like

Shhhht @Prints… Don’t say the word !
Be kind, rewind…

There’s a Mix output and a Headphones output, @s3kn0tr0n1c, so I guess it’s all good in this regard :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sorry. Actual 909/808, SP 1200, MFB drum machines (besides toms, and stereo clap), etc have no panning.

2 Likes

Also, the new Roland TR-09 only has hard panning; effectively only giving it two outputs for all of it’s sounds instead of the DrumBrute’s individual outs.

1 Like

I think Arturia made a winner.

Analog
Sep outs
Hands-on control of your sounds
No menu diving
Poly rhythms
Midi-notes
And more …

These must be things where vintage freaks get a big smile

For me its perfect

4 Likes

The only thing they could have added was the ability to send a trigger out instead of the sound if you want to use an external source but use the sequencer.

it has midi out to sequence external gear.

This vid shows it all👍

Use a midi to trigger converter and your in

This is why I’ve ordered one. I’m hooking it straight up to an old Akai sampler.

1 Like

Here in Holland that will around 17th of november …
Can’t wait😎

Is this a Tanzbar killer? For those who specifically have their eye on a Tanzbar, that is.

Any Tanzbar uses here with an opinion on this?

I had a Tanzbar which I sold to get a RYTM, but judging by the sounds in the videos, the Tanzbar walks all over this Arturia thing, and walks over it hard.

1 Like

No, this is not a Tanzbär / Tanzbär Lite / Tanzmaus Lite “killer” even though it might be an interesting alternative for some people who were previously looking at one of those MFB drum boxes.

The big difference is that with the brute, the pots are wired directly to the analogue circuitry which means there’s no part storage, parameter locking, or MIDI CC parameter control possible. All of this is possible with the MFB boxes.

Some of the sounds on the MFB boxes are stereo (clap) or positioned in the stereo field (toms), the brute is all mono.

The MFB boxes offer some LFO and glide features that are not available on the brute.

The MFB boxes are much more compact which might be important for some.

The Tanzmaus has two “909-style” 12-bit sample voices while the brute is all-analogue.

4 Likes

Thanks. No Brute for me, then.

This thing is a pretty cheap and nasty drum machine judging by the videos/sound examples so far. Some nice sequencing options but very limited palette of sounds - which would be fine if those sounds were any good.

I think people might be getting the wrong idea comparing it to a Tanzbar, RYTM or even a Vermona. It can’t compete with any of those for class.

It just feels like a slightly (well, vastly) more developed Rhythm Wolf in terms of tweakability and sequencing options, but with a similarly unmeaty sound.

This is generally how I feel about Arturia synths - I mean, I own a Microbrute and it’s certainly a cool little synth for the price, but how often do I actually use it for anything meaningful? Rarely if ever. I use its LFO as an extra LFO for some other CV gear more than anything.

Psychology : The ignorance of our true desires
I guess…

2 Likes

yes anyone moaning about this at this price deserves a tr-09

2 Likes