New product from Arturia? [DrumBrute]

I thought of that too. Various mono pedal effects is how l’d roll though; something with a transformer on the kick, a lo-fi reverb on the snare. BBD chorus/delay on some sounds, etc

1 Like

Variety is the spice of life. The Drumbrute will give you the option to route your signal however and live tweak your performance, I’m not mad at it. Can’t wait to see the 2nd hand market open up for all these knew drum machines. My collection is going to be crazy. :imp:

2 Likes

New

Haha cheeky :grin:

1 Like

It’s certainly at least 3x better than the Rytm Wolf, so in this regard they nailed the price.

1 Like

Can’t say that I agree. Though, I will admit there’s no accounting for taste. These judgments are purely subjective.
Rytm’s Metallic CY/CH/OH are a force. Add in the sample layer and game over.

1 Like

live feed on Beat PPL

same here. TR9 + Analog Heat to me…
Maybe a Volca FM, Volca Kick … but not sure at this point

1 Like

its sounds like an korg ER1…
it may be analog… but i’m not hearing it.

YES!
Yes
and Yes.

1 Like

Looks proper…Great value. Only thing missing for me is stereo outs on main with pan controls onboard…

Suppose you could use headphone out but still lacks panning (i think)

Maybe this will inspire Elektron to implement the non-existent Q-Start function on the Rytm?

Arturia look to have that over Elektron, as does Ableton Push

The lack of panning is a joke.

They should have added panning and stereo outs , charged 30 pounds more and took my money:)

Are there that many people in here with that many spare inputs on their mixer/ai?

Can’t recommend a Qu-PAC highly enough. Do it.

2 Likes

The pads should have been pan pots… maybe a better design choice.

I forgot if someone posted this already - he says the pads are, in fact, velocity-sensitive. I still like what I see/hear so far. I like how each drum part (snare, kick, etc.) has its own set of controls. I would have preferred Cowbell to Zap but that’s the only negativity I have to offer on it:

Yeah, I read the velocity pads record to the sequencer, not the knobs though.

Chat’n with the Prime Minister of Sweden,
over new drum machines we were dream’n.
But without audio panning,
it was no longer enchanting.
It was like our dreams had been peed in.

Sorry, I couldn’t think of any jokes.

3 Likes