New product from Arturia? [DrumBrute]

Crikey that looks good! Hands-on control, good performance options, individual outputs

Whatā€™s with the weird French mating ritual? Maybe I should take my AR to France. :joy:

8 Likes

In a cave. This detail is important !

4 Likes

Hmm, Looks v good for the money, i like some of that muffled palette leaning more towards a minipops/78 vintage character, but there were a few voices that didnā€™t sound so interesting, on first impression at least, but all hands on is a total win

4 Likes

anyone gonna sell their rytm or machinedrum for this?

Man, you guys are crazy. At $450, this is an absolute winner. The analog drums actually sound better to me than the RYTMā€™s (especially the clap and hi-hats), and there are individual outs so you can process each individual sound however you like. Far more intuitive layout as well. Iā€™m buying one for sure.

4 Likes

:slight_smile: NEVER EVER selling the AR for thisā€¦ :-))
it would be like selling my prophet 08 for a microbrute :-)))

3 Likes

theyā€™ve scoped the rytm for that.

for a short time i thought about this machine + octatrack would be killer.

elektron is coming with more than just the heat. Rytm is specialā€¦drumbrute is like the vermona drums on steroids a bit

but i like the fact that Arturia is doing it right,again and again. they may have a sampler in the backhand. same size,white,24 voices, instant samplingā€”analog filters.

2 Likes

I bet you can also sequence external midi gear with it. Roland and Akai should go find a corner to cry and hide. Drumbrute knocked it out of the park. Congratulations Arturia!!

2 Likes

Yeah it is.

I like how they donā€™t even mention the AR in the product literature: ā€œwell we canā€™t have potential customers looking into the AR and deciding to save upā€ But include the Tempest :joy: That is nasty marketing.

That video is horrendous; they need to take it down immediately.

Anyway. Good bit of kit.

2 Likes

ā€¦so called ā€œRESPECTā€

https://www.arturia.com/products/drumbrute/overview

scroll down for audio examples.

btw. the promo video looks more like a trailer for dirty dancing part xxx :dancer:

3 Likes

Yeah def nice minipops/78 kind of sound to few of the audio demos. Always been my favourite drum machine sounds. Might be interested in this after allā€¦ Price makes it tempting.

1 Like

Thatā€™s kinda what Iā€™m thinking. Keep the AR for deep diving, plus sample playback. Get the DrumBrute for hands-on, intuitive layout, quick jams. Was going to get another TR-8, but uhā€¦ canā€™t stomach the green. The DB looks ace! Sounds good from what Iā€™ve heard so far. Price is right.

Arturia is ambitious as hell. Hope they can provide good support for all these various products!

Bring on that KeyStep Pro as well!

Drumbrute = (more or less) AR synthesis page with 3 knobs synthesis editing (you canā€™t save your patch only pattern save) + basic sequencer + polyrhythm + basic filter + nice outputs

AR is synthesis advanced with more drum model to starting with + sample playback + overdrive + multimode filter eq + reverb - delay + master effect distortion, compressor + advanced sequencer with p-locks, micro-timing + polyrhythm + LFO with a lot of destinations + advanced routing + memory for saving a LOT + outputs + overbridge + ā€¦ (trig condition, FM kinda like)

What do you compare again something witch is not comparable and < 500euro and the AR at 3x times the price is perfectly understandable !!! because you have literally LESS for MONEY, less MONEY less POWER thatā€™s ALLā€¦

Itā€™s not hype in this territory !!! Price = Power but anyway I listening a lot of nice music with guys who have only a computer, or only few volca ! thatā€™s the human and his/her idea behind who done the job ! and thanks for that machine price will never change that.

(And no offence I donā€™t want to be brute in any way just what I think)

3 Likes

Looks really decent for the price, Iā€™d probably recommend it to hobbyist friends.

Obvs wonā€™t be challenging the rytm or temptest but itā€™s not supposed to really.

sure me too, nice price for starting !

OMG! I love the sound! Reminds me a lot of my Roland TR-330. This is basically my dream drum machine.

I need to sell off a couple things and get this thing firing along side my AK.

This machine fits my style better because Iā€™d just incorporate a bunch of awesome guitar pedals, and a little mixer; instant flavor town. I have a feeling these sounds will play very well with various overdrives, delays, germanium this-and-that, tubes, compressors, transformers, etc.

Exactly. With the AK Iā€™ll have my Moog MF Drive on an individual out with the filter being CVed. If I sync the DrumBrute over MIDI, that leaves three more CV outs that I can use to control FX on the various outs.