New product from Arturia? [DrumBrute]

Well you would bloody well hope so if the 449 euro is correct

1 Like

Right! Do these people even know that the Analog Rytm exists?

1 Like

Bruh itā€™s less than 500 euros. Thatā€™s a typo. Arturia is coming for Rolandā€™s throat

1 Like

64 patterns that can be 64 steps. Thatā€™s what Iā€™m talking about. None of that worthless 16 pattern 16 step memory Volca Aira BS. This is actually useable.

3 Likes

I saw in the cached write up the news site compared it to most of the drum machines available, everything from a volca beats to a tempest but they omitted the rytm lol.

Anyway i was hoping it would be some sort of sampler/groovebox. I totally lost interest in other drum machines after getting a rytm, so i am gonna officially ā€œunfollowā€ the progress of this brute lol

2 Likes

A few weeks ago AR was 1600ā‚¬ at Thomann, they might have checked their facts then.

Now itā€™s a tad under 1500ā‚¬. Currency fluctuations or something.

1 Like

Depending on how this one sounds, Iā€™m kinda interested! I do plan on getting the AR too, but I think 2 drum machines is not too many. Ideally, you have one deep drum machine with loads of finesse (aka the AR) and then you have an auxiliary drum machine thatā€™s very simple and raw.

I was thinking about pairing the AR with the Acidlab Drumatix, but the new Arturia might win, again, depending on how it sounds.

Iā€™m getting TanzbƤr vibes from this one.

Wow. If this sounds good the price is great. Def gonna steal some sales from Roland. Not really interested personally though without sampling. A shame they didnā€™t add rytm/ot to their hitlist and throw another couple hundred on the price. For affordable analog drums it looks really impressive tho.

1 Like

Rather than a press release I suspect this was an internal industry marketing memo aimed at salespeople to target bearded bohemians and disco dads who wander into their store::grinning: or else Arturia have a great sense of humour

"TARGET CUSTOMERS

Modern indie-rock hipster ā€¦ and ā€¦ Electronic musicians in their 50s"

3 Likes

Thanks God I am too young for this machine.

2 Likes

The ā€˜randomnessā€™ knob seems interesting.

Maybe thatā€™s to offset jittery sync

1 Like

So Arturia think you have to be 50 to like Kraftwerk and that also said 50yr old has vintage gear!
I wonder if anyone who wrote that crap is even shaving yetā€¦

Arturia have designed a box that looks like a 909 and a DMX spit roasted a Minibrute.
No

1 Like

I had a listen to the demos on the Arturia website, it sounds rather ā€œoldā€ , nothing spectacular about it. The price seems to be ok, but i thought about the ā€œTanzmausā€ that the sound was appealing and modern, and the Arturia thing more or less, like the drum module from an 80ties Bontempi keyboard.

The Tanzmaus only offers 5 analog sounds, and 2 digital, which is quiete a bit less than the 17 analog modules from the Arturia.

Think it sounds really good.
Incredible value for $499
Have an AR but this seams like a no brainer for the price.

-No motion sequencing / p-locking here.
The tanz-MFBs are capable of that.

-The high pitched kicks in the demos remind me of the rytm snare (or a tomcat kick). So glad I have a rytm and donā€™t need another drum machineā€¦

• The layout is nice, multi outs nice, not much wrong here.
2 Likes
3 Likes

mmhā€¦ i have a minibrute, and itsā€¦ ok for that price and the filter is niceā€¦ so i know the soundā€¦ but if you look at the knobsā€¦ there is not really a lot to tweakā€¦ the thing is like a 707 with more soundsā€¦ so i have a jomox airbase and for sure the premium ARā€¦ dont need this oneā€¦ :-))

Arturia are taking on Elektron here.

For the worst promo videoā€¦

7 Likes