New OTO Mixer - Bébé Chérie

OTO fanboy here, so tempting, love the colour too.
but tbh, i already have a model 1 mixer for ‘wired’ work, and a tx-6 for portable, i’m not seeing how this will bring anything I don’t already have.
too bad:

1. no panning/eq?
  2. no multitrack recording (just as model 1)

i wonder what market they are aiming for here. perhaps the niche that really wants ‘analog’, and can’t afford a model 1 :wink:

5 Likes

Yes, this could be interesting for a possible summing/mastering solution as well. Assuming the buttons do send to alt output. Get your boxes or tracks dialed in on channels 1-4, tweak master compressor and bliss to taste, then route the main mix back into one of the last two channels and do final tweaks on the bax eq, and then send that to an alt out as your final mix.

3 Likes

Like you don’t for other hardware? Lol, I mean part of having a studio is rewiring it and trying new gear. You can buy a pack of the 1010 cables and be done. It’s really not a huge complaint to me.

Thats good, this means less people buying when it comes out, so I can grab one easily.

Didn’t say I wasn’t going to buy one anyway. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. Nah, probably won’t though, I really can’t justify the cost and need to purge some gear in 2023.

Very cool and for the price point and size it has interesting features. A send fx would have been nice but it would probably mean other compromises. There’s not much space to work with.

The tilt EQ is a great idea.

My mind is already brainstorming about possible setups where this could be the main mixer :). It sets some limitations in place which I actually enjoy. And this color next to perkons is just lovely :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I can clearly see 2 pink Lyra-8 with this.

6 Likes

What is a tilt EQ?

I see OTO answered someone on IG that yes, the when channel buttons are engaged, the channel is muted and sent to the alt output. So definitely some configuration options here.

Also, this is probably the closest alternative I have seen that Stimming Mastering box. It’s portable, it has saturation (per channel, first four channels), it has a compressor, and it looks like you could route the main mix back into one of the last channels for bax eq. Also nice that it is a mixer, so more configurable, and much less expensive as well.

2 Likes

Its like a single knob EQ, like almost like a really wide bandpass filter. So you “tilt” the frequencies high or low. Not as powerful as a normal EQ but they can be easy in a performative situation, just one knob to think about.

3 Likes

I’m so not getting one.

And totally posting this just to get some attention, maybe a flag or two and a polarised string of replies between agreement and abuse, of which I welcome both and anything in between.

Mixer does look cool, tho. I like pink.

17 Likes

Something like a Base-Width Filter but you only have control on one of the side, you can’t narrow it.

1 Like

Kind of like a stereo Bastl Dude. Very tempting.

2 Likes

Is this reverse psychology? :wink:

4 Likes

I love the alt mix routing. That’s one of the best features of Mackie mixers. Easy to quickly route anything to an Octatrack for instance.

And the pink will look rad next to Octatrack grey.

6 Likes

It’s like a seesaw. If you turn the knob to the right the sound becomes brighter and bass goes low. To the left you boost the bass and make the highs darker. Pretty handy to change the balance of a source quickly. And together with the level knob this gives quite a bit of control.

6 Likes

It’s a great color!

Why dingy green military powder-coating on my BIM/BAM/Boum?

Because.

The high quality components and headroom is killing me, I don’t need any more tone generators but I could see a small hi-fi mixer being useful, especially for live use.

Hopefully there’s more time to get debt-neutral before orders go up :slight_smile:

I mean, certainly ~600 is an easier sell than ~3000.

I’d like a Model 1 but I can’t see myself justifying one.

5 Likes

I find this mixer so much more desirable than the TX-6. The analog soft clipping, analog compressor, and analog eq/filters with OTO quality in a nice compact, but not too compact form factor looks so nice. I ended up selling a bunch of stuff and splurging on a Rossum 1200 preorder. This seems like the perfect mixer to pair with it for me.

11 Likes

I don’t get it. Seriously. Can anyone tell what’s exciting about this ?

It’s pink

11 Likes