OTO Machines FX - BIM BAM BOUM

Ooft, just bagged a Heat and hopefully a BIM, this might break my wallet ha ha

1 Like

dont know if this is the final thing. i wonder where the “leak” came from

1 Like

Pray to dog that’s the prototype and not the final version. That thing is completely unwieldy and hideous. Won’t it be along the same form factor as the previous two B-boxes?

there have been a lot of updates regarding the boum on denis’ fb page. he’s shooting for manufacturing to be completed by this year, so hopefully by early next year it’ll finally be released.

edit: about a month ago, he replied saying the first batch will arrive either Dec 2017 or Jan 2018.

1 Like

yes, will be the same form factor as seen on otomachines.com

here the specs taken from the oto forum:

The specs are almost definitive :

Pots :
– One knob compressor (Threshold, Ration and Make-up Gain on one pot) from no compression to negative ratios Mid position is a limiter (inf:1), max is something like 0.1:1
– Drive : Gain after the compressor, from 0 db to 60 dB, depending on the “disto” setting
– Filter : 12dB/Oct., non-resonant Hi-Cut filter from 50Hz to 20kHz
– Level

Parameters :
– Input Gain : 0, +6, +12 and +18 dB
– Attack and release (6 parameter each). The first attack setting is quasi-instant
– Lo Cut filter : 6dB/Oct. Flat, 75Hz, 150Hz, 300Hz
– Disto : Boost (soft clipper), Tube (well, an emulation!), Fuzz and Square (called a comparator distortion)
– Gate : Noise gate, from “No” to “-10db” (to create gated effects)

BOUM is 100% analog unit (even the side-chain) but will be MIDI controllable.

1 Like

Update on their FB page! (Don’t know how to link it.) Getting excited…

And yes same form factor. Phew!

I hope it’s suuuuuuper crispy.

1 Like

ouf, i’ve been waiting since the fall of 2013 when they were first announced.

A post was merged into an existing topic: OTO Biscuit

Will it ever be released?

April. :heat:

1 Like

Really?! Source?

It was this that made me decide to give up waiting for Boum and get a :heat: even though they are different beasts a resonant filter is essential for me.

1 Like

http://www.otomachines.com/forums/topic/boum-2/page/2/

announced in 2013…finally, 2018.

1 Like

Ugh, I am so ready for this!! I can imagine this being a hardwired-to-Digitone or Digitakt type thing.

2 Likes

From their FB page.
“Tower of BOUM main boards at the factory in the north west of France.” - OTO Machines
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/28166532_10156369323254905_6635620475704525098_n.jpg?oh=d14dc6df11edea2f853f99b1a8bf70d7&oe=5AD7F425

3 Likes

I preordered the Boum 2 days ago even though I still plan on getting an AH. I’m just too intrigued by this one, and want to have some fun with it.

THIS is what I’m most excited about.

Capture

2 Likes

Love my BIM and BAM… just might have to get the whole family!

1 Like

first audio demos of the BOUM are up now on the homepage !

4 Likes