OTO Machines FX - BIM BAM BOUM

new URL - http://www.otomachines.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1630

Intriguing. I still don’t think I could justify it to myself all the same (an OTO effect). But I added the Splitmix4 to my Wishlist just in case :smiley:

I still love the idea of the delay’s 12-bit converters, though :alien: [/quote]
Ditto on that. 12-bit delay is so nice! I’ve been trying to find out if Korg produced a rackmount version of the 12-bit DDL that is built into their mid-80’s series synths (DS-8, DSS-1. DW-8000). It’s like an ochre October dusk with the smell of burning leaves…

The Korg SDD-1000 perhaps?

A better look @ BIM via CDM :

High res trio :

Nothing more, for now… :wink:

Cheers

1 Like

Sweet!

Thanks.

Anyone know if there has been any updates on these modules? I really really want to get my hands on the boum. Curious how it will work as a mix bus for my live rig.

Yeah I think Boum would be my first choice also. It was announced for release in Q4 so sometime between now and the end of the year. It’s been quiet on FB and the OTO forum about an actual release date though.

Anyone find any videos ?

No new news since the initial announcement I think. Looking forward to these boxes very much.

One of my favorite things about them is their size. I have the perfect lil’ space for the Boum in my flight case of equipment. I’d like to use it a bus my whole mix, maybe it’d be best just to bus the monomachine to warm it up a bit more.

In any case, so stoked for them to be released…hopefully sooner than later.

Latest update on the new oto fx boxes.

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=222386529904

“The first FX box, BIM, is expected in 2 months (we need to build and validate the pre-production batch before selling them…). The 2 others units should follow quickly end 2014/early 2015.”

1 Like

Getting closer:

Just ordered one - should arrive next week.

I was so stoked for the BOUM and was planning on using it on the stereos outs of the mnm, but they kept pushing back the due date and my wife and I just found out we’re having our second child. So I thought it’d be best to just purchase my last piece of gear for a bit, and ended up getting the strymon deco to use on the mnm. As awesome as these look, I’m happy I went for the midi-less/simplistic deco since I don’t have to worry about as many parameters and binding CCs to it.

I would love to finally hear some demos of these though…I’ve been waiting since they were announced over a year ago.

I’m not very good at putting demos up but I’ll do one for this once I’ve got it for those who are interested.

From the user manual:

"BIM is a 12-bit stereo delay unit inspired by some studio delay processors built in the early 80s. These monophonic processors have been renowned for the quality and musicality of their sound. The processing was mainly analog (companders, limiters, low-pass filters, feedback path,…), and the signal was converted to digital just for the delay section, using 12-bit AD/DA converters and some RAM memory chips. The advantage of this technology is particularly obvious when the sound is feedbacked many times through the whole analog and 12-bit circuitry. You’ll hear a sweet degradation and dark damping that the 100% digital delay boxes can’t offer. When we designed BIM, we wanted to create a unique, modern and versatile effects processor based on this 80s technology. We managed to mix the fabulous sound of an old 12-bit digital delay with modern features such as stereo processing, extra FXs, many user presets, MIDI control, tap tempo, compact size… therefore BIM is the best of both worlds! BIM is the perfect companion for the musician, producer, sound engineer or live performer who is looking for a unique, warm and musical delay processor.

FEATURES - Up to 3276 milliseconds in stereo - True 12-bit converters, analog limiter, companders, filters and feedback path - 4 delay types : Normal, Dual Head, Disto, Lo-Fi - Delay high-pass filter: 20Hz, 100Hz, 250Hz or 500Hz - Delay low-pass filter: 16kHz, 8kHz, 4kHz or 2kHz - Feedback filters: flat, lo cut, hi cut or both - LFO with 4 waveforms and 4 Rate ranges (from 0.025 Hz to 147 Hz) - Tap Tempo with sub-division settings - Freeze switch with normal or reverse play - Delay input gain from 0 to +15dB - 36 user presets - MIDI input: BIM responds to MIDI Clock, CC and Pgm Change - 3 bypass modes: Relay, Spillover and Aux - Nice and simple user interface via 16 white LEDs - Rugged steel enclosure - Neutrik® jack connectors - Power supply included"

1 Like

What?? How? Where?!?!

email denis at oto, he’ll help ya out.

http://otomachines.com

Thanks, will do. :slight_smile:

Just received mine. Two words : CRAZY AWESOME !!! Didn’t have time to explore it in depth, but I just plugged my Matrix 6 into it and had some amazing results, dialing in classic modulated delays or even strange choruses for huge stereo basslines. Don’t think I will record a synth track without it ever again…

Highly recommended fellaz !

I thought that might be the case! I suspect I will get them all as they come out.