New OS: Improved FX levels are back

…and they found a way to make everybody happy!

1 Like

Wicked! Thanks Elektron!

1 Like

I wonder how many people will actually keep their RYTM’s FX in “Legacy Mode” lol. I sure hope the effort and DSP involved in creating this option to keep FX quiet & lame sounding didn’t take away from something that it could have been better spent on, such as more LFOs, improved envelopes, recordable note-repeat in live-record mode, etc.

1 Like

This is great for people that don’t want to edit sounds on finished tracks just to update their OS.
But then again, who here really makes music anyway?

1 Like

Nice one. It’s great to have options.

I’ll have to re-program about 20 kits for the new mode, but that’s worth it I think, especially with how all the other features (fills particularly) can utilize and brutalize a hotter FX return level.

1 Like

It is worth it. I’m still trying to figure out who doesn’t think it’s worth it.

Actually, since the new mode lives in the SOUND menu, I won’t have to reprogram anything. I can just use it when needed moving forward.

Brilliantly elegant solution, Elektron.

1 Like

It is worth it. I’m still trying to figure out who doesn’t think it’s worth it.[/quote]
This

…good things come to those who wait…? :astonished: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So, if you do not want the legacy fx send feature, you tick the box? and when it is unticked you are using the new improved fx send? Also, by default this “legacy fx send” is ticked, is there a way to globablly disable this or you have to do this for each sound.

NO, IIRC the legacy fx send is unticket by default when creating new kits. The legacy send fx box should only be ticket for your old material made before the OS update that changed the fx bus gain structure, including any sound packs etc content that was authored before the change.

2 Likes

Mine seemed to be ticked for all new kits. May have to try creating a new project.

1 Like

FYI, Creating a new project solved the issue.

2 Likes

We know a date for the new os?

This topic discusses OS 1.22, released 22 January 2016.

somehow i missed this info! thanks !
now my old kits can have way more fx on them

Ok :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Can anyone help me understand this?

I have a mk2 and the fx have sounded bland, especially compared the my A4 mk1 which are cold and precise in a great way.

I’ve tried using the fx filters to put the delay and verb in the right sonic space and I’ve experimented with the drive to the delay but it just feels like they have too little presence.

Is this just a volume fix or does this change how they behave a bit too?