OP-1 field

You do wonder with the “Field” theme if they will release a hand held Field Recorder as part of the range. Judging by one of the interviews it sounds like they have quite a few products in the pipeline unless they are on about accessories.

I see the OP-Z gets a fair bit of flak for its build quality so would assume an upgrade would be high on the agenda

I guess we’ll see a KO field and Tonic field with wireless capability and advanced graphics housed in an aluminum enclosure

1 Like

We could consider the OP-1 field a “Veblen good” - demand goes up when price goes up.
This $$$$ price mark and its discussion (outrage) all over the place is better than any marketing campaign. Well played, TE. Well played.

3 Likes

Thanks, I didn’t know there was a name for this.

I’ve never considered this seriously to say good bye to my OP-1.

I’m guessing (I didn’t flag) the window on price/company criticism has closed and people are becoming a little bit more strict about what’s considered “off-topic”.

1 Like

Indeed, I think at some point it’s starting to get a bit annoying and ridiculous.

If someone agrees with the price being so pretentious, please like every single post that says it already. Don’t miss one, please.
Or get creative with a YT comment. On YT, though.

Bringing something new to the debate is perfectly ok here.

6 Likes

I must have hit a nerve here…

Positive rage storms are brewing here :sweat_smile:

Or none, as any hollow remark would.
Don’t take it too personally, you’re just #500.

But if you’re asked to cease adding pointless comments, we’ll, why wouldn’t you?

5 Likes

:joy: I love how heated (and a little entitled…) some can get over the price of a musical instrument.

You’d probably get less outrage over the cost of a loaf of bread hitting £5 or whatever :joy:

5 Likes

A loaf of bread hitting £5 is inflation spitting you in the face!

Remember inflation!? we were once fans of yours, but now I’m not sure I’ll ever buy a loaf of bread again!!

1 Like

Ha! Can only imagine how brutal the cost of living is going to be in 12 months time but that definitely is for another thread!

But to close off my point, as much as I agree with those citing the price of the OP1F as a problem it’s still the cost of a completely voluntary purchase. If you don’t feel there is worth then move on. Crying about the price of a product that is almost certainly going to still sell out and be on back orders for months is just wasting your own valuable time and sanity.

7 Likes

TE have created a precision and coveted product here that’s not a cheap plastic box as in Roland , Korg , behringer etc, you’re paying for a premium product and the price is what it is. TE could charge a £1000 for this but then they would probably go bust !!

1 Like

I’ve always wanted one since seeing this all them years ago :love_you_gesture:

7 Likes

I was searching for that video last night and couldnt find it😃

1 Like

@xidnpnlss

I’m in the garden again. Wallet in my pocket!

1 Like

I did a quick shootout of the 4 tape modes. Video in the link below. Also, discovered that only what is recorded into the tape is affected by the mode. If you lift/drop from one tape mode to the other the recording will have the character of whichever mode it was recorded with. Could be used creatively maybe!

12 Likes

Thanks for posting this! My brain is so used to hearing mono when seeing a single track playing on the op-1 that I went into immediate disbelief mode when hearing the stereo audio in your video :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I know, right! And this was just something I recorded in via USB. When you actually record 4 separate stereo tracks it sounds really good!

Also this combo is great :grin:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cdj52X7g39m/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

2 Likes