OP-1 field

Surprised they are leaning on the thinner, louder aspects (like I never really use the speaker and it’s plenty small enough). Surely the signal path and way better processor is the selling point. Me and my OP-1 aren’t parting ways over this.

6 Likes

It looks lovely. Whether the “100 new features” deliver or not remains to be seen.

INCREASE TO 256 MB INTERNAL MEMORY

Amazing :sweat_smile: in 2030s we’ll have 512 finally.

18 Likes

ive been Beta testing this thing since christmas.

and its in every sense an evolution of the OP-1!

feel free to ask any questions you might have!

if you want to listen to how it sounds heres a free to download bandcamp album of some of my recordings… some slight mastering is the only thing done on it.

44 Likes

I’m lusting bad after this beauty to the point I might have to mute this thread :sweat_smile:

Already weighing up how much overtime I could do to pay this off and convincing myself that because it’s so portable I could make music while I’m doing it. Bastards :rofl:

7 Likes

100 new features. That’s $6 a feature compared to the original.

What careers do you all have to dump 2k into a pda sized synth?

14 Likes

Christ, just read that and couldn’t help but laugh😂

nice upgrades.
wild money tho :sweat_smile::money_with_wings:

Great upgrades, but tears in the eyes thinking of the AUD conversion…

2 Likes

Next is a 1 199 $ OP-Z with aluminium body?

3 Likes

Lucky! But in good hands.

OP-Z sequencer or better or worse?

It has USB AUDIO HOST!!

4 Likes

I suppose they’re just leveraging there’s no product like the OP-1 (for better or worse) after so many years.

:rofl: spat my drink out

1 Like

Yes eye watering but looks like such an amazing upgrade. never thought TE would do such a thing. The whole thing makes sense now, those folk sitting by a lake with an OB-4

3 Likes

And a new carrying case

Not sure I understand the question…

If the sequencer is better then the OP-Z?

1 Like

Looks fantastic, but that is a lot of dough.

2 Likes

Yes, sorry.

I’m asking if this has the OP-Z sequencer and all its skills, or is it cut down or improved in some way…

2 Likes

I have to recognize I LOVE the concept and most grooveboxes and all-in-one (when including synth at least) but the thing always taking me far from purchasing a second hand OP1 has been the tape paradigm. Is it as annoying as it looks after using Elektron style sequencers?

3 Likes