OP-1 field

Can I get one using normal parts that costs a normal price?

2 Likes

Ah so it can transmit radio to the radio? Hmm

no soup for you

1 Like

But if the price was lower they would sell more volume, so I’m not sure I follow your reasoning.

It’s fun watching people justify this price though, it’s incredible the lengths people will stretch their brains to make it make sense even if it doesn’t.

1 Like

Seen here at the 34 minute mark

2 Likes

There’s the open source OTTO in the works (still)

OTTO - open-source platform inspired by OP-1

1 Like

Funny how this thread is almost at 1000 posts, yet maybe only 5 people will buy the damn thing. :stuck_out_tongue:

Aren’t we all giving TE way too much attention?

5 Likes

Ah so it transmits to the disk on the OP-4. Thats really handy

1 Like

The OP-4 now makes a lot more sense in the TE range too.

1 Like

That means a helluva lot of posters secretly want one😀

2 Likes

Or…sometimes…how constricted they’ll keep it to discredit something.

Sure does. Dream combo

Yeah monitoring and recording the Op1f on the OP4….that’s nice.

1 Like

Sure we probably all would’ve bought one if it was like 199,- or something.
But thankfully not much people are willing to spend 2k just because TE needed to redesign a screw or something. So I guess there’s still hope for humanity after all. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Time will prove the following statement right or wrong, but I guess they will be selling as much as they are able to produce at the moment, even at that price.
No point in lowering the price to increase the demand, if they can’t keep up with the demand. I’m not trying to come up with any justification for the high price (even though you seem to enjoy reading them :wink:) , or whether it’s fair or not, neither have I got the experience or knowledge to know all the factors that go into setting the price point, but it seems like they know what they are doing. They have been running as a company for more than a decade with lots of questionable decisions, but apparently that somehow works out for them.
But again, my point of view is biased because I want one, just as other point of views are biased because they value other or more things for that kind of money.

Totally agree - but this is completely at odds with the ‘price reflects what it’s worth’ retoric - folks aren’t staying consistent.

I’m not trying to be a party pooper. I was happy yesterday when we’d all agreed it was expensive but that some folks could justify it for personal reasons.

But if we’re gonna have folks claiming that injection molding their own knobs justifies the price then I won’t be embarrassed popping back in to point out how silly that is.

1 Like

No brain bending required for that, just basic knowledge of behavioural economics :slight_smile:

I agree, no point telling Rolex to lower the price of their watches so they sell more, a lot of people only buy them beacuse they are expensive and they like being associated with the brand (and perhaps some elitism). Same with designer sunglasses…designer anything. TE are a lifestyle company, they are not interested in ‘good’ or even ‘fair’ value’. But yes, they get a ton of publicity and they will probably sell enough even at this price to make a lot of money…so whilst we poke fun and make memes, they probably are getting very rich!

4 Likes

Haha I’m gonna have to mute the thread now because literally every defense post about the price flip-flops between:

“It’s justified” to “it’s just a lifestyle product”

It’s a moving goalpost that makes common ground very difficult!

I hope everyone enjoys their OP-1 f’s - and I hope that one day I get to play with one too.

Happy weekend everyone!

2 Likes

Well, if you quote behavioral economics (in your comment below) you can’t just go ahead and say the argument regarding the economy of scale that @MichaalHell made is completely irrelevant :sweat_smile:

1 Like