New octatrack Mk2 crashes

Hi everyone,
I’m on this situation right now. No screen, no audio, just some flickering orange leds.
I’m going to get a support ticket, but I was wondering if everyone who had this problem had to return the unit or was there any other solutions, like a faulty power supply? I have a Digitakt but not sure if it’s safe to use that power supply to do a test.

It could be a bad power supply or a detached internal cable. Elektron will advise.

The DT’s power supply will not be sufficient.

1 Like

I’ll open the support ticket then.
Thanks!

1 Like

Same issue here. I love my octatrack so far. It’s a brand new unit, bought in April 2020. I just can’t believe so many people have this kind of issue.
I’m in the middle of my work, my debut is on October 10.
Am I maybe in a deep s##t ?

Maybe its the same doofer doing the circuit. :thinking:

For whatever is worth, here is some information about the process:

Mine is on it’s way back from repair. According to the receipt, it took them half an hour to change the CPU PCB.
Took 3 days to travel from Yucatán, Mx to California, US with UPS Worldwide Expedited service, but it will take 20 days to return from them to me, as they used UPS Standard service.
So all in all it will be around 5 weeks from the day I opened the ticket to the day it’s supposed to return.
Elektron’s support was good but sending the device was expensive, they only covered the return and not the fast way.

2 Likes

This is a pretty poor process for something which is clearly a widespread issue.

Having sent my unit back - and seeing that so many have the same issue, I will probably not be buying an Elektron product again. This seems to be such a widespread issue that I would really hope that they would be taking it a little more seriously and recalling the affected units. But to make users pay for the shipping for repairs themselves is downright bad customer service.

1 Like

When Arturia called back their Drumbrute for the well known “white noise problem” I payed just for sending but not a cent more.
Elektron customer service is advising me to call the Italian retailer, putting a third passage between.
I’m wordless

One month after my last post I have received the Octatrack back from repair. So I turn it on and it freezes, disconnect the USB and MIDI cables, it freezes again. Then it starts on third attempt…
It was freezing half of the times on start up, but once it loaded it worked fine…
Until today. Now it’s crashing every time after a while, just like before.

So, back to square one, after paying a lot to ship the unit for repair.
I’m sorry to be ranting here, I was loving this machine but this is very wrong.
I opened a ticket again and will post an update here.

Damn this sucks so much hear about your Situation

See, These are the kind of things that make me so damn scared to purchase anything From Elektron. This should not happen. I mean, I get it, there’s mishaps and human error Here and there and all of that but It’s becoming more of a normal thing these days to hear About Their gear and equipment crashing, not working right, Bugs after updates, gear with firmware half made (the release of the mkII’s) people having to take their equipment apart and have to fix problems that should be been solved in house By the company( rewiring and resoddering cause stuff isn’t installed right).
Really Cool equipment And awesome possibilities They show with it but It’s not worth the gamble
Of 500$ 600$ even 1000$ to Wonder if it’s going to work after one time it’s turned on.

So Sorry you’re dealing with this right now man. Sorry for the rant too haha

1 Like

Hey thanks for ranting with me haha.
I hope this gets solved. I really want to have a fully functional octatrack, but won’t spend more money on shipping if it’s their fault.

1 Like

So, I’m updating my post in case anyone is in a similar situation.

By now I have sent my Octatrack for repair again, and it’s already on it’s way back home.
This second time they covered the shipping both ways, and gave me a lid and a sound pack in compensation. I appreciate that!
They also changed a LED which was acting weird as well.
So I’m hoping this time I’ll get a good CPU (they changed it again according to receipt).

Still, it’s a bit worrying that the most expensive music box I have is the one giving me trouble, but at least they are honoring their warranty, so no problem, still an Elektron fan.

1 Like

hey! not i similar situation, but as I’m thinking about OTmk2 for a long time now, I really would like to know how it ends for you, and hope your OT problems will be fixed. Let us know plz :wink:

1 Like

I have a lot of friends that have an OT that works perfectly even through heavy use in live conditions.

I won’t deny some units can have a problem (it’s not a plane cockpit, although…) but in my experience it is a very reliable machine (as every Elektron machine)
Just wanted to balance above user experience, you usually hear more about what’s wrong than what’s ok.

yes, we usually see what’s wrong. I have a DT and a Blofeld, heard many bugs about these, but never had any problems with my units.
And I love the plane cockpit image :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks!
Yes I guess it was a bit of bad luck to have two faulty units in a row, but the device is great, I was having a blast with it and looking forward for it to return home! :smiley:

2 Likes

So, since yesterday I have the same issue. OT MKII crashes and leaves some flickering orange LEDs on. I bought the device used in January 2023, but is a 2017 model I think. So warranty is off the table. Do you know, if Elektron still can help me with this? Really need it fixed before Mid of July, cause have a show coming up.

They will fix things out of warranty, but they’ve had my A4 (in the states) since May 3rd and I still haven’t gotten the diagnosis yet.

USB cable? If yes Put it Out. Could be the Problem…

No USB Cable.