New Octatrack faulty?

This is a brand new OT, have done a clean reset and created a new set & project. Pattern length is 64. Are the page LEDs faulty, or am I being dumb?

I came on here to say user error.

Watched the video and now I’m like :thinking:.

Not behaviour I can explain…

@sezare56?

4 Likes

125768_2 (1)

I’m an MKI user, in grid recording mode, 64 steps pattern, active page led is highlighted (red) and change at each press.

I am not sure about what MKII display should be, but page leds 1, 2 (and 4?) seems faulty.

You can test leds in TEST MODE.

FUNC + POWER ON, TRIG 1, then press trig 3,4,5, combinations of 3/4/5.
(guess from MKI and Syntakt)

5 Likes

Thanks both. The red led cycling is kinda what I was expecting having used an M:C briefly.

Have powered up in test mode and the first two never light up with any combination of 3/4/5. I think I’ll try and get an exchange.

Thanks for helping <3

4 Likes

Also MD MKI apparently…

Yeah that’s only the 32 step version though

2 Likes

In the event you’re referring to the first 2 trigs, on DT/DN in test mode, the behavior of trig 1 illuminates the screen with all pixels on (to check for dead spots), trig 2 is all pixels dark (to look for stuck pixel errors.)

If you are referring to the page LED lights, on the digi devices the only trig which causes all 4 page LED to illuminate is trig 3 which tests all RED (ON). Not certain for OT behavior in regard to page colors and illumination test.

In regard to the video I have no clue, the behavior looks weird, but I don’t know enough about the OT to give an expert opinion. Is the pattern length set to 64 bars so that access to all 4 pages should be available when pressing the page button?

Digis page leds seems red only (tested on Syntakt).

On OT, leds are rgb, current page have a different color.

It is interesting to check all colors, sometimes only 1 or 2 color are defective on rgb leds.
(Happened on my former Digitakt, I have a newer one).

like I said, I really don’t know enough about OT behavior, but all modern elektron trig 1 /2 should do the screen test in test mode so I was just making sure of what he meant when he says first 2 never light up.

1 Like

I see. I understood the first 2 leds.

1 Like

Cheers, I did mean the page LEDs.

Just did another quick check in test mode, and trig 3 lights up all the LEDs red apart from the first two page LEDs.

1 Like

Sounds unavoidably defective at this point. If you’ve just purchased it new from a retailer, I’d avail them to swap it out for another one. There should be some time based condition under which they do a DOA exchange vs any warranty repair. Thanks for the additional update.

Was it shipped to you? or did you purchase locally

Yeah I think you’re right, I sent the video to Andertons and they’ve agreed to exchange it for a new one.

Thanks for all the help :slight_smile:

3 Likes