New Octa owner with a question about file management

So I got my Octa this week and I wanted to mess with some different projects so I can get into the groove of the machine.

originally I had my CF set up with basic sub folders in the “Audio” folder, such as KICK, SNARE, SYNTH, etc etc.

I started two projects and everything was working fine, and before I started my third, I went and created sub folders within those sub folders. When I went to back to my first project, there were some sample slots that said “ERROR”, and I realized those samples that disappeared were in the subfolders that I created subfolders within after the fact.

So when using a sample, am I not allowed to move that sample into another folder within its root folder?

Yep, don‘t move samples on the cf card, that are loaded into a machine.
You‘d have to re-link the sample slot to the right sample again.
You can use the audio editor to save copies of a sample or the „collect samples“ command from the Project Menu which copies all samples used in a project from the audio pool into the project folder.

There‘s also a cool software called OctaEdit which makes editing projects much easier.

5 Likes

Sweeeeet, thanks a lot man! You saved me a headache or two lol.

2 Likes

I allways do this for each project. This way your projects are independed of your audio folder.

3 Likes