New Monomachine!

Well, did you think it was about a MKIII? :smiley:

It seems I just got this baby to complete my Elektron collection (ahr ahr)

SO

Will you please give me any links, soundbanks, insider tricks, whatever?
Just some “must know” secret to get me started

(gosh, this guy sounds poorer than A4, but so much more original, intriguing and unique! Sort of like MD vs AR)

Thx in advance

Alex

put some money aside to make up for your bitching girlfriend and take her out for dinner… she wont see much in the next few weeks …

be prepared to loose your productions by accident, the moment you have something worth keeping, record in into your daw … dont expect to find it again or think you may not destroy it … you fill fuck up …

keytracking, often discussed, you will find the menu. …

+drive option…stick with the basics first …

i personally had a lot of trouble with the delay feedback, came in too harsh, too much, too annoying… keep it low …

welcome to the Monoverse :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you! :joy:

My girlfriend is accustomed to speak to me thru a OT neighbour machine, then I hope she’ll understand

I’m more interested in droney/cinematic/experimental than let’s say fouronthefloor/dancefloor stuff

I heard it’s up to a lot of chaining fx, LFOs etc

let’s see how this guy works

The two biggest tips I can give:

1. turn off the filter tracking in the assign menu. I almost always turn off the HPF, and usually the LPF (although leaving it on can sometimes be really good with the FM machines). You’ll get a much wider ranger and it won’t sound quite so much like a Sega Genesis.

2. the arp is excellent, and the “sequencer within a sequencer” is key to getting notes to fall into place around the 64 steps of the grid. It isn’t quite like microtiming, but it helps a lot, and is also really cool for just stirring ideas.

And finally, don’t get too frustrated with it. I think the learning curve of the Mono is pretty steep. Get cozy on the couch with just the Mono and headphones for a few weeks and you’ll soon enough be blown away by it.

Many thanks, Accent
I did already notice your HPF tracking tip in another post, and it seems to be very good

Congratulations on getting your new MNM! Super super fun machine.

I agree, turning off the filter tracking is essential for getting a much fuller sound. The difference is huge.

Search the internet for ‘Adventure Kid Waveforms’, and download thousands of single-cycle-waveforms to use with the DPRO machines, for free! They can give your MNM an entirely different universe of sound exploration. But you may just want to focus on getting to know what’s already onboard the MNM before going down that rabbit hole :wink:

Layering sounds and FX machines can be mind blowing. Not only for complex textures, but also for getting deeper “analogue” feeling sounds.

The onboard effects are not that great, so if you have an external FX unit (I have an Eventide Space reverb) it can add a lot to the sound of the MNM.

Also keep in mind that the MNM can be buggy sometimes. I’ve had it stop working, and spent too much time figuring out that the machine was just frozen. It will happen!

The MNM has so many unique machines and features, it’s really hard to explain or give tips on all of them. Study the manual a lot, and keep in near by - you will need it! Safe to say, you will get lost in this machine for hours and hours and hours! My favorite synth, ever!

omg thanks, these were exactly the kind of precious little tip s i wanted to hear :wink:

my MnM can dominate my A4, but there is 8 years vs 1, so cant compare really

but thats the sort of level you can take it

if you persevere well beyond the “this thing sounds shit phase” that many, if not all, go thru.

it really has its own set of frequencies where its just slams doors in the faces of other gear, subs and mid mids imo

soul and ear destroying malevolent raucousness is possible

can sound quite beautiful too

just got to know how and where to look.

lotsa fun too.

Thank you
Awesome community
A little relief for these Abominously time consuming machines

DIST -7 for cleaner warmer sounds.

DIST -12

I routed mine through the A4…the A4 reverb works wonders on the Monomachine. :wink: