New Machines for your machine

5 Likes

I guess enjoy your not being happy.

5 Likes

62 saws !

3 Likes

Ordering an ST ?
Donā€™t you already have one?

We gettinā€™ raw for rytm as well? I was honestly hoping for more digital drum engines.

I would frankly love it if they just straight up ripped all the drum engines from machinedrum.

5 Likes

Time to jump back in the Syntakt Sauna/HotTub!

Maybe an hardware differenceā€¦

3 Likes

Honestly, for flagship products, all of a sudden theyā€™re missing a lot of stuff the smaller, cheaper brethren have.

Iā€™m sure Rytm owners would like SY RAW, but even aside from that, the lack of LFOs on that device is a major reason I went with the Syntakt vs the Rytm. Itā€™s a small but important feature for me.

And the Analog Four could really use an update in terms of adding some sort of keyboard folding or scales that all of the Digi devices have. Even the song mode on the Analogs seems inferior to what the Digiā€™s just got, not that I use itā€¦

Anyway as far as this update; I like it and Iā€™m glad theyā€™re adding more machines, but I was hoping for more digital drum machines in the vein of the Machinedrum, especially more physical modeling machines.

I wasnā€™t asking for a Super Saw or another Analog Synth, but I like them both a lot after just a few minutes and both inspired new patterns pretty quickly. I just hope they keep going. I donā€™t need a Frankensteined sampler, but there are definitely some other things that could be added that would make this less of a collection of parts from other devices and more of its own thing.

12 Likes

Thank you @elektron

2 Likes

I think this suggests that there will be more machines later on. I would love me some more MD esque machines too, but this to me is a proof of concept and show of good faith that they are really bringing us ā€œnew sounds from a new place.ā€ Also, the supersaw has some MnM vibes, to me

4 Likes

Had one, sold it to buy a Pērkons, but that didnā€™t work out so back to ST I guess.

5 Likes

yea, not to wish my life away as life is precious. but with the inevitable passing of time I look forward to seeing what the Syntakt grows into.

been looking that way for a bit

After testing, RAW is what I always wanted the DCVO to be. At first glance I didnā€™t get the difference but in practice its amazing. Anyone else think the bare naked waveforms in the DCVO and RAW engine sound lightyears better than the naked waveforms in analog four?

3 Likes

I missed that entire chapter. Iā€™ll have to go read the Pērkons thread now. GAS-mask onā€¦

4 Likes

Wasnā€™t there this upcoming 10 years anniversary? A lot can happen in five weeks time. :pray:

3 Likes

wooooooow, bestt update ever!
missed both proper mono synth and super saw.
(and fill latching)
and here they are all at once.
waiting for electricity coming back to Kyiv.

46 Likes

Iā€™m pairing my Perkons with the incoming Syntakt. Match made in heaven.

1 Like

yep yep yepā€¦

2 Likes

Not Jaded. Like the update. One physical modeling machine maybe would be fine but nice machines.

4 Likes