JoMoX Alpha Base Analog Drum Synthesizer

Jomox XBase 09 came out before the MD, and it had parameter locks.

7 Likes

In that case, this might be the drum machine I replace my AR with!

Just donā€™t forget this comes with no master effects :wink:

1 Like

Mastering or master effects? Have Delay and Reverb in the master bus

No master compressor, no distortion/overdriveā€¦

1 Like

Guys stop pre-ordering Jomox website is down :joy:

3 Likes

Incase you missed it:

7 Likes

sounds good to me
I recognize the Jomox Kick really a sound signature on its own
itā€™s like ā€œMassiveā€ and ā€œin your faceā€ kick ā€¦

3 Likes

He seems a genuine character, not like many of the usual salesmen, a normal bloke with a small company, who Iā€™d rather support given the choiceā€¦ Funny he never mentioned all the features tho, : ) (like itā€™s got audio inputs) unless I missed itā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

only 1-plock? thats a bummerā€¦anywaysā€¦jomox sounds is awesome, their sequencer is tight as well

Dudes that laid back he actually undersold his product :smile: I can only respect this kind of humble. :blush:

1 Like

ā€œFunny he never mentioned all the features tho, : ) (like itā€™s got audio inputs)ā€

Specs say:

ā€œStereo In fĆ¼r Sampling, FX, Sidechain.
Beide Inputs sind Hi-Z fĆ¼r Gitarre/Bass geeignet und arbeiten bis Line Level +20dBā€

^ yeah, canā€™t wait to see it in action.

Iā€™m jus meaning he never mentioned it in the vid that I noticed, ā€¦ almost forgot to mention SD card but he did seem to spend a fair bit of time mentioning it had midi tho. B^)

• Refreshing to see someone not over sell with heavily rehearsed pitches.
2 Likes

i donā€™t need a drum machine right now but sound quality & concept are so amazing
that it will be very hard to say no to thisā€¦

:smiley:

I think he was proud of his pattern programming and would like to show the power and possibilities. Glad nick ask question about the machine otherwise we would listen a pleasant LIVE performance based on his pattern chain :joy: oh hand chained ! sorry thatā€™s better

Jurgen : if you read this itā€™s a joke.

Been looking for another drum machine to compliment the AR, and was thinking DT or Tempest, but Iā€™m not sure Iā€™ll use the DT much as already have OT - different I know, but lots of similar capability there, and the Tempest is a bit of a pain + itā€™s now dead for updates.

I fancy another analog machine and I think the Alpha Base is it - right up my street! Failing that, I could go digital and get a MD, Iā€™ve seen some new ones flying about online for Ā£600-700, but not sure if Iā€™ll get on with it as only really used to the newer Electron units - the OT was hard enough to get my head around - itā€™s taken me 6 months to crack it, and Iā€™m only really just scratching the surface lol.

2 Likes

I really think analog rytm + jomox alpha base should be a nice combo

3 Likes

For sure, although always had a hankering for a MD, such a classic. Probably buy both over time, I love drum machines so much!

5 Likes