JoMoX Alpha Base Analog Drum Synthesizer

It still is…with the nowadays smd automatic assembly :wink:
But I know what you mean

1 Like

I think knowing the competition they would be daft to try this in the wake of things like drumbrute potentially cleaning up the accessible DM market at entry level prices, without seriously considering what there up against. Jomox design probably my favourites drum sounds, but originally with there other drum boxes, there was nowhere near the competition there is now.

If this is a combination of there old design’s with updated software, I think I’m sold already.

The extra stuff is a really tasty bonus and ones I wasn’t expecting. Hope it doesn’t become cluttered with features tho.

I also apreciate how there seriously down to earth and just drop the details without build up. Acid lab too with the new clone tho I’m not as excited about another replica.

Exciting :sunny:

This machine has aroused such strong conflicted emotions for me :confounded:

1 Like

Looks interesting the new Alpha Base. But i also have a negative experience with Jomox in the past. So i keep a eye on this just out of interest but would never buy a Jomox again.

I want to know more about that FM synth and if it can be routed through an analog filter.

Just Buy IT so I can read your review. I’m too cheap plus I’m saving for an acidlab Detroit

2 Likes

I’m already cancelling things I had on preorder, and thinking of things I can sell :joy:

I know. Great minds think alike:grinning:

1 Like

I hope not the TT-78!

It might not make the cut man :cry:

P-lockable M-brane, FM synth, useable audio inputs, and sampling with analog filters/envelopes got me like :tired_face:

If I can sequence another mono synth with this…

Phil Collins used the CR78 in “in the air tonight” right?

1 Like

Heart of Glass too.

If Phil Collins wasn’t a weenie and Jomox were available at that time the song would have delevoped into something more fun listening to!

1 Like

I fully appreciate Phil Collins weenie-ness.
His use of the TR-909 on “Take Me Home” is unique and inventive.

2 Likes

Phil Collins is the shit. I’m a DJ with an eclectic taste though; I like a lot of stuff.

1 Like

Timeless:

Collins said: "I met him when I was working at the Buckingham Palace Party at the Palace thing back in 2002.

"McCartney came up with Heather Mills and I had a first edition of The Beatles by Hunter Davies and I said, ‘Hey Paul, do you mind signing this for me?’ And he said, ‘Oh Heather, our little Phil’s a bit of a Beatles fan.’

“And I thought, ‘You fk, you fk.’ Never forgot it.”

1 Like

Here we go then… plenty of time for refinement… plenty of time to save up and direct RYTM/TEMPEST competition.

may/early summer 2017

1699 EUR european list price

Best Regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

The Jomox-Team

WOW to me for that price they will need to kick ass and make something huge :stuck_out_tongue: i would not make the jump if it’s only “OK”

^ Snap. I’m not after bloated buggy crap either.

On paper tho this kicks the competitions ass, if like me your not after super deep control options which arguably is where RYTM excels beyond the rest…

SD card slot AND stereo SAMPLING ?!

My mate grabbed an m brain recently and they kick ass tho having it built into a machine with sequencing is smart…

tbh I’d be interested in a streamlined jomox dm as I miss the jomox sound itself… but if they get the programming side right in this one, I say it’ll hit mark nicely.

:sunny: