New(ish) Hot Science beat tape - RYTM only... Samples only!

Hey 'nauts! I’m putting out a beat “tape” later today and thought I would share here first. A little backstory: At the time the DT details were released I was mainly using the AR as the center of my set up. I got major GAS for the DT and wanted to see how I could fare without synth engines. So, I made this using samples only. Actually, the whole thing was made in the AR and recorded live into my DAW as a stereo 2 track. Needless to say, after making this, I decided I COULD live without synth engines and I sold my AR to fund the DT. Volume 2 and on from there will be DT! Enjoy!

Ps - link is only private until 11a CST when it officially “premiers” :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Bump for pm crowd :smiley:

2 Likes

I enjoy the beat tape format. This is pretty rad.

1 Like

Cool stuff. Nice one!

1 Like

o_O More!

1 Like

Bangin

1 Like

well done, really well done

1 Like

This shit is Fuego my brotha! Great work. I’ll PM u my next beatape when I’m done

1 Like

Thanks and, yes, please do!

1 Like

hey what was it you primarily disliked about the AR? was it mainly the lack of sample inputs?

I wouldn’t say I disliked it, but that was part of it. I’m really not a fan of using the computer/DAW in general, so having to prep samples beforehand in Ableton was kind of a fun-killer. Maybe if the AR had finer control over start/end like the DT it wouldn’t have been a huge deal. I spent over 4 years using mainly the OP-1, so I wanted to return to that type of sampling workflow.

The other part was lack of MIDI sequencing. Again, I found myself with Ableton open more often than I wanted. I do use it to track out beats for songs, but now, at least, I can make demos using only the DT and sequencing other synths. Also, MIDI sequencing + BPM per pattern means far less prep time for live sets. Now I have a project full of patterns that I play live in any order I want.

1 Like

well that just surely sold me on not going the route of swapping my Digi for an AR.

I appreciate that. Maybe Ill couple the Digi with some sort of Battery operated Compressor/Distortion.

2 Likes