New FADERFOX MIDI controller system for ELEKTRON devices (12-track-design for ANALOG RYTM)

Did you use the computer editor to set the MIDI CC or MIDI learn?

How do the pots on the PC4 feel?
Iā€™d love to have a midi controller with pots for one voice of my AK to have that one knob per function mono synth feeling.

I have the PC4 sitting unboxed in my cupboardā€¦

They feel very good! Build quality is good

1 Like

Iā€™m really interested in the Faderfox PC12. I gather that there are presets for the octatrack. Is there PDF or webpage which actually shows the mappings and what all of the pots are mapped to?

Thanks!

Itā€™s actually mapped for the Rytm, but it is easy to map any cc values to the OT.

Ah ok

Is anyone using the pc12 for the DT DN combo?

I do. It works a charm. You can assign the controller to the auto channel and have control of all tracks and also use fader to bring in the 8+4 volume levelā€¦or any other midi ccā€¦only downside is that the unit is quite large, but you need that for decent faders.

Iā€™m thinking about mx12, thatā€™s the fader one, right?

Yess i have the one with faders indeed. It also has more than enough pots and knobs. Its a allrounder

Absolutely love my PC12 but I find the manual a bit difficult to interpret.

How do you save and load presets?

Thanks

Waiting for my OT in the mail, and I have a Arturia Minilab Mk2 which I was planning to use for controlling parameters.

An obvious drawback is that the Artutia only has MIDI through USB.

But appart from that, are there any other benefits of using devices like the faderfox MX12, PC4 or EC4? Compared to Arturia Minilab Mk2.

Regards
Frimann

Behringer has some old fader and knob controllers that are motorized and run through 5pin midi. Solid units.

1 Like

When using something like FaderFox EC4 and Midi Fighter Twister, then in order for the indicator of the value on the endless encoder to be correct, the OT would need to send out feedback about the position I assume. Iā€™ve heard that not all devices do this, so Iā€™m wondering how it is with the OT? Does this functionality work?

So to make this clear, what Iā€™m asking is that will the value on the EC4 or the Twister change if I change the corresponding value directly on the OT? And when initially connecting the EC4 or Twister to the OT, will the initial values be correct?

Iā€™m asking since Iā€™ve had problems in the past using midi controllers with non-endless encoders, and the corresponding values always jump when I first move the knob, due to the fact that the knob is set to a different value than is set on the corresponding device that Iā€™m controlling.

This has probably been answered here before but I failed to find the answer. :slight_smile:

In short, most of the time, yes. But for it to be always working as expected, units must make a cc dump everytime you change patch. This has proven to be not always the case.
I have a pc12 on the way, Iā€™ll report back with the octatrack if you want.

Not automatically. You need to send CC61 to the OT (CC parameter values request) and the OT will respond with CC messages for all its audio CCs.

Afterwards when you change single parameters on the OT and the OT is configured to send CCs for parameter changes syncā€™ing works out-of-the-box.

4 Likes

I sooooo wish the other Elektron boxes would do this tooā€¦ See also discussion here Rytm + MIDI controller

This is the thing keeping me from getting a MX12 for my AR.

You saved me a(nother) dive into the manual ! I owe you one sir ! Thanks !

1 Like

I just dug a bit the faderfoxPC12 manual, since I have a Nord Drum 2 which unfortunately wonā€™t cc dump its values when changing preset.
There is a command to send out snapshot and actual values on the PC12.
I suppose you can match PC12 presets/snaps to the one of in your receiving devices so that init values will be the same on both sides.
Then the Faderfox will catch up the stored value whenever you cross it, effectively matching the two devices without jump. To be confirmed but seems ok on paper.
I suppose this function is included in all FF products.

1 Like