New Eventide H90 pedal

Nothing about MIDI but I assume there will be 5-pin MIDI IN and OUT (maybe THRU).

1 Like

Weā€™re all such NERDS! Announcement with full info and probably demos tomorrow, and weā€™re over here needing to trim our neckbeards.

6 Likes

Iā€™ve been missing my H9 lately, this could be a hit if its priced right!

1 Like

$899

2 Likes

So, it should be 5000 CAN$ and 8000 AUS$. Pricey. :rofl:

11 Likes

I canā€™t swear that price is accurate. I saw it on a search result for a store that was prematurely listing the pedal (that page is now removed). Itā€™s about what it would cost to get a new H9 Max and a used H9 Core together. So not too bad, if that price is accurate.

3 Likes

This pedal reminds me of the GFI Synesthesia.

1 Like

I wonder about latency. I found that unfortunately the latency makes using my Eventide pedals (Space, H9, Timefactor) not suitable as an insert for my drum machines. As a send, and using wet signal only, itā€™s OK (apart from super tight rhythmical delays).

As insert, the dry signal gets delayed by the latency of the pedal and thatā€™s noticeable. Itā€™s a reason why I bought a Doctor A.

Otherwise, great. SP2016 and instant Flanger/Phaser are amazing (as plugins) and Eventide algorithms in general are truly great sounding, very special!

5 Likes

Price?

I hope this means I can find find an h9 for $300.

4 Likes

See above for the (possibly erroneous) sourceā€¦

1 Like

Thats good to knowā€¦ as I use reverb for mainly for my drum synths.

And thats why Im also on the fence about the physical versions of the Eventide pedalsā€¦ The vstā€™s sound fantastic, and no latency when run as an insert in logicā€¦

There is something about Crushstation, Black Hole, and Crystalsā€¦ I love them more than even Soundtoysā€¦ and Soundtoys are amazing.

2 Likes

Ahhh, thatā€™s a close call between Sountoys (love Crystallizer, Decapitator and more) and Eventide. They both do amazing things, to me itā€™s a matter of flavor and specific use (I prefer one or the other depending on the context).

While DAWs compensate latency, the hardware canā€™t as itā€™s real time and canā€™t predict the futureā€¦ Again as a send itā€™s alright. Letā€™s see about the H90ā€¦

Yesā€¦ You summed it up right there. And to be honest, I havent used Soundtoys as much as I should because Iā€™m caught up in getting the Subharmonicon to FINALLY spit out something thats even close to music.

I love Echoboy!!!. I love that ā€œhackā€ of setting mix to 100, echo time to zero, and flavoring with those presets like analog filter, digital filter, shortwaveā€¦

I think the biggest difference for me is that strip on the Eventide plugins to express the presets, which I use more than dialing in my own soundā€¦

With Soundtoys is the exact oppisiteā€¦ the interface is so basic and direct, that I just start with some presets, then go wandering around the controlsā€¦

Any similarities?

Unknown

1 Like

You know youā€™re estimating what itā€™s going to cost for you to buy two of theseā€¦.

1 Like

Good eye!
A Kumamon tie-in would quadruple sales in Japan.

2 Likes

Worth it if the looper algo doesnā€™t sum stereo to
mono like the h9.

4 Likes

Does it midi sync?

The Looperā€¦.