New Elektron Sample Packs Website

Hi,
I’m working on a project and would like to know if you’ll be interested in a website where you can find all the sample packs related to elektron gears?

• I know you can find lists of samples pack on the forum but they are incomplete.
  • Actually, most elektron owners never use the forum, so it could be easier to find everything in one place instead of jumping from a site to another one.

Do you have idea/wish of topic you would like to see on a sample packs site?

3 Likes

Something like this would be cool

Edit: by this i mean how it splits up to the various boxes etc. Especially useful for soundpacks vs pure sample packs.
Would also be useful to be able to rate, or maybe just see the number of downloads of a particular pack?
Choice paralysis usually make me just “sort by popular” and look through the top few results :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You could help to complete them, instead of starting another list that will probably also be incomplete.

Creating another website isn’t going to help with that. If most users don’t use this forum, they’re not probably going to use your website either. So making it a separate website just makes some people jump from here to there, which is exactly what you say you want to avoid.

We already have this thread for Analog Four sound packs, which use great, and it works fine having it here in the forum:

Lists are not a one-person thing, as I said if I forget things and others find GEMS a little comment with all the links and I’ll take care of updating as fast as i can… i came here everyday so…

I made lists for all elektron gears that i have or own. I updated those recently. There’s lists for the analog four, rytm, digitone, octatrack (this last is probaly incomplete as i don’t own the OT anymore and no-one post updates or new things as comments - so i can’t update something if i’m not aware of a new thing - but i will update elektron original packs, there’s probably few things missing here)

EDIT : (new elektron packs for the OT was added to the list)

1 Like

There is a big difference between using a forum and using samples. Let’s choose for example the octatrack and digitakt. They are by far, the most selling elektron gears. 100% of the owners are using samples but, maybe 5 or 10% (more around 5% than 10%) are using this forum. The only way to get sample packs is going to the internet and jumping from a site to another one.

Many people don’t use forums because they don’t like spending hours searching for something. Instead, if you have a site updated every week where most of the sample packs are here and you can listen to them without the need to go to every site, it’s very convenient.

This forum is most (of course not only but) use by elektron geek and around me in Berlin, many artists using elektron gears doesn’t feel the need to go the forum.

Think about a place like this https://www.elektron.se/soundpacks/

And how do you solves copyright materials, creator soundpack fee… i mean it’s a little bit complicated. you’ll will have contract to make, sales report sheet to give and be very transparent…

If bandcamp works great it is because everyone can make his own little online shop. A ecommerce website like Loopmaster or something is not that easy. Plus they all jumped into subscriptions… and credit by sample, because they know people nowadays prefer to buy exclusively what they use and not buy a sample collection with only 10% of sample they will use…

(and it’s working because they partnership with so many creators i mean between splice and loopcloud you find pretty much everyone)

Sure you can “cast” better than a list of links, with listening players etc… But at the end people will leave your website to buy the packs to the original owner/creator.

I’m not sure you can generate benefit even enough to absorb the costs of a website, by only focusing on elektron dedicated sample and presets.

Now to reply to your question : Do you have idea/wish of topic you would like to see on a sample packs site?

I think the most important would be to the users to be able to buy by sample/preset basis and not the whole pack. Also, and most importantly to be able to search and find everything you can have in mind so a powerful tagging and categorizing system is one of the important key.

What Loopcloud offer is incredible because you can even start to mangle/manipulate sample with key change, tempo change, applying effects on the whole catalog before to buy anything, even sequencing/sketching very basic ideas. If there’s a future they just have straight away the right answer so i would suggest you look after it… but there’s an app with the website so big dev cost on top.

But, you can make something less powerful and succeed as well…

To my mind, if a new samples site, dedicated to elektron users, would be beneficial only if it offered something more than you can do with threads on this forum. Some community aspect perhaps, by votes, ratings, download counts. I think crowd-sourcing samples would have to be included (otherwise it’s a worse option than this forum where users can already share discoveries).

At a minimum it should provide (IMHO) links to purchasing the samples, a means for sample links to be submitted, and one of the community features I listed above. Anything else (links to demos etc) could come later, as the purchase page ought to provide those immediately.

And everywhere I’ve said samples I would also include soundpacks for e.g. Model:Cycles

How about samples.elektronauts.com ? Would take the co-operation of whoever runs elektronauts.com of course (I have no idea who that is … is it owned by elektron ?)

EDIT: Typo in host name corrected.

1 Like

Yes. And they already sell their own sound packs and sample packs at elektron.se so aren’t likely to want to run this too.

1 Like

You asked if people here would be interested. I said why I wouldn’t be. It shouldn’t be surprising that the people who do use this forum don’t see a need for another site when they could use this forum :slightly_smiling_face:

It already exists though. And the forum has links to other packs from third parties.

It’s a no from me dawg.

That doesn’t mean others won’t find it useful though.

Edit: e.g. try https://www.reddit.com/r/elektron

Of course, I’ll do contract. It’s a business anyway. I forgot to mention that I’m a graphic designer and I have already done dozen of online shopping. Hehe, Bandcamp and loopmaster are just 2 monsters in the music industry. Loopmaster doesn’t care about Elektron pack. They have maybe 10 sounds pack since almost 10 years. There are making most of their money with audio sample packs and subscription service. I want to group all the sample packs with a project and patterns made especially for elektron gears. It’s very different. It’s also in the project to tag and categorize sounds and pack.

1 Like

Is there a reason why you skipped the “r” from elektronaut?

Yes, soundpack and samples :slight_smile:

No, it was a typo … sorry, and thanks for highlighting it.

1 Like