New elektron owner...

Hey all!

I just got an analog 4 mk2. I’ve wanted elektron gear since the Sid Station, but something always got in the way. There was a Machinedrum at the local GC, used, a few years back, but it looked rough so I passed.

Skipping several years to present, my pusillanimous, ever leaking and floppy ballon of self control yet again failed and the 4 arrived from Sweetwater…and I fell in love. I know I’ve “barely scratched the surface,” but I am seriously impressed with this synth.

I can’t say I have a favorite synth because each one has a personality, and it’s a matter of finding the ones that fit your flow. The 4 not only fits, but it’s starting to change my perspective on things. It also plays well with eurorack (evil genius laugh)…

So, being on a roll, I got an Octatrack. I haven’t hooked it up yet - just arrived Thursday - but, again, it looks like a beast.

I’ve been leaving my computer off more and more thanks to Eurorack, and it seems that the Octatrack will fill the sequencer spot as well as infringe on the v-synth…

Sorry for the ramble, but I’m excited to get started. It seems that the people in this forum are much the same as MW - helpful and friendly.

If I can’t find the answer after searching and reading, hopefully y’all would be kind enough to answer questions at some point. When my experiences and understanding are better I’ll be more than happy to return the favor.

Thanks for reading!

rev

8 Likes

Welcome to the clan. The A4 is a beast but the OT is an absolute monster.
Be ready to study and make a lot of mistakes, BUT, when it all starts to click, you will be extremely rewarded. The combo of strengths and limitations the OT offers makes a near perfect workflow for me. Being able to write and then perform and never feeling like I need to wave my hands about so people think I’m actually doing something :slight_smile: is wicked!

1 Like

Don’t count on the OT being obedient until you have a few weeks of study under your belt!