New Elektron Box 2016

You’re the best

1 Like

No you are

1 Like

Oh you!

1 Like

rats, no reveal? blew my budget on synth1, crystal, and tal noisemaker dangnabbit

Some time next week makes the most sense to me. Roland and Elektron are on friendly terms, they won’t piss in each others pools.

Pity…

Elektron’s the best <3

1 Like

Maybe this extended teaser period is a means of really integrating their new forum layout. This thread has made me a more frequent forum user.

Good on ya, Elektron(good call on making the forum a phone app, too)

I took your advice. Amazing machine

1 Like

So obviously this has been talked about to death and we are all more or less in the dark in terms of what exactly this new box will be but I do have one question that maybe the elektronauts here that pay much more attention than I do to Elektron’s teasers and time span to the announcement and subsequent launch of past products so my questions to the hardcore elektron fans that have been paying attention in the past is:

Based on Elektron’s past of teasers>announcement>trailers>launch what would be your best GUESS as to when this product will be announced?

I ask because I just sold off some gear to slim down my studio and I’m sitting on a decent chunk of $ that’s going to go right back into another big purchase for the studio I’ve been toying with the idea of either one big mega synth or more modular but with this teaser floating around I’m wondering if I should just bank the money and wait it out. I am absolutely in love my Elektrons so much so that I ended up with all 5 boxes and they have become the center pieces (Brains/heart) of my studio. Everything revolver around them be it sound creation, sequencing, effects processing etc literally everything I do and every instrument I use is one way or another used in conjunction with an elektron box simply because how well I connect with the elektron workflow and the flexibility of these machines. So the thought of any new Elektron machine makes me rethink and potentially restructure my studio.
I know I should bank the money I have now and just wait it out but you guys know how it goes…the G.A.S. is real!
So realistically if this thing is going to be dropping in something like Q2 or Q3 of next year then I would just buy one of the many synths on my list and wait until then to come up with the money for this new box but if you guys think it will be coming out any point soon like Q4 of this year or Q1 of next then I would most definitely wait. I’m well aware there is no solid answer to this question but educated speculation is very much welcome.

I only have the Rytm, I find the sync with my DAW over USB via Overbridge to be quite good. Audio through the hardware as well seems to not need track delay compensation. I assume the same for the A4, etc. So I think a hybrid analog/digital mixer similar to the MX-1 but with Overbridge would be a good idea.

It’s been speculated that the new thing is to be released this year. I have reason to believe that it’s already in production. They might reveal it and be like, “out now”. Which might cause a knee jerk reaction of purchases. The last item was supposedly revealed 54 days after the teaser. By similar standards, it shouldn’t be much longer.

Do you have a complete Dark Trinity? If not, I’d recommend that. I can’t imagine how this new item would be anything more than a cherry on top of the sundae that is the DT

Wow… I haven’t thought about this in awhile, I can’t believe they still haven’t spilled the beans.

The beans Elektron. The BEANS!!!

4 Likes

It’s gonna be a mashup of all the guesses in this thread. They can’t spill the beans because they need the data from at least 2000 posts to come up with all the elements needed to start building the prototype.

3 Likes

It’s gonna be a box that tells you exactly when new gear will be released so you can plan your purchases.
Bad news is, you’re gonna have to wait, good news is, this is the last time you’ll ever have to guess how long the wait might be.
Heard it’s gonna be a free update for subscribers only.

4 Likes

The new machine is already in production but they need some more time for Overbridge support :spider_web:

The new machine is already in production, but they are selling it only to THE ILLUMINATI MEMBERS.

It’s WRONG

1 Like

They have just decided to think about the new box and there will not have any news BEFORE LONG maybe!

2 Likes