New Elektron Box 2016

Just watching Analog Industries youtube channel by Chris Randall:
Cool videos around Field Recordings, Piezo/contact mikes, 4 track as an instrument, cats purring.

All similar things to the Before Video. Wondering if the :3lektron: box will staddle all these worlds with its sequencer and OB support? I guess it will. hopefully it will have a ton of ins and outs and not be crippled connectivity wise like the other machines. ( sans the :elot: )

3 Likes

I just saw that article, and the headline made my heart sink, until I slowly figured out it was completely not related to our Elektron.

Well, though i had holidays myself, lets explain the elektron-video like this: Someone here said, the guys at elektron had holidays themselves…
So they wanted just to inform us with the video, that they are gone for a while… and in the video they made it like “we do a lot of work and music (with guitars and stomping on our breast) and now we hit the road and go to holiday” :-)))… and the they said: "it was a long time ago (when we were in holidays the last time)…

And now everybody is interpreting it as THE NEW TOY IS COMING :-)))…

Would love it to be like that… The folks at Elektron would have a great laugh on our 1000 suggestions then :_)))))

6 Likes

That would be SO epic of them to do that…we’d all be devastated…

1 Like

Nonsense. Like most working people they take holidays every year

Thats very unlikely because on Sonicstate Nick already talked about it and he also spoke someone from Elektron about the teaser and new machine. Nick also told that some people here actually guessed it right about the new machine :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This thread is slowly becoming delirious nonsense.:ambulance:

haha, yes, i watched sonicstate too… would have been just funny, if we are all wrong…

and yeah… now the fact that “some of us guessed right” makes everyone read this threat thousand times :-)))… and they really push us hard with waiting a looong time without info… :-))

guitar pedal. told ya! :wink:

1 Like

as a guitar player, I would be disappointed if it was a guitar pedal, or guitar anything for that matter

3 Likes

yeah, i also bet its the mother of all loopers with typical elektron sequencer live effect weirdness… if they do the first looper, that really stable works with midi-timings, they already have a hit without looking at the other possible parameters :-))

looking back how they tease and release the Analog Rytm:
23 november 2013 Frosted Box
17 januari 2014 Elektron mystery box opened
17 april 2014 Analog Rytm sales start
22 april 2014 Analog Rytm available

With this timetable it might be 25 or 26 of august or a week later 1or 2 of september??? to reveal more info about the new machine and available right before the season holidays…

First demo’s on 2-4 nov 2016 on Loop 2016 in Berlin

1 Like

I still believe something new is coming, but my hunch is strongly based on that 1+ year old local swedish newspaper article

Est time for more info: ONE MORE WEEK!!!

Its that estimated from your own mind or based on real info Ryan?

It’s based on how long it took to unveil the RYTM after the teaser(54 days)

1 Like

Still waiting for the Mayan 2112 event…:wink:

Another wild guess: this device will be a collaboration with Teenage Engineering. Why not stir the pot and add some spice to the conversation? :grinning: “The worms are the spice”- Dune

I think that was Rush

2 Likes

I had a dream last night – I really did – that Elektron were unveiling their new box on Good Morning, America on tv. The show was doing a whole episode devoted to home recording, and they were slowly unveiling the new Elektron box in short teaser segments between other segments explaining home recording to the masses.

I was wildly trying to get to this forum to tell everybody to tune in, but I couldn’t get the internet to work right on my phone (it never does in dreams, does it?).

From what I gathered in the dream it was some kind of multi-track recording studio that was inspired by vintage techniques that never caught on – they had some old wooden device on stage that was maybe from the 1920’s and was a bit art deco-looking and were talking about how it was time to re-visit this forgotten approach to recording.

What can I say…

10 Likes

Man, and I thought I was obsessed with this.

But hell, I’ll take dream leads. It sounds exciting I can’t wait

By the way, Elektron on Good Morning America is fucking hilarious!!!

1 Like