New Elektron Box 2016

i am checking this thread 3 times a day … i shouldnt! : ( …

5 Likes

Not entirely relevant, but philosophically it’s along the same lines as some of the ideas here. Tascam launches something new, for a different purpose and a different audience and thus, a very different feature set. But at least for me, it made me want for a super porta for the ages again.

There will be no machines this year. There will only be fire, snaps, violins and cars.

This is IT! New Electron Box:

http://dlvr.it/M2r7NG

3 Likes

I didn’t think they would actually make the screen even smaller. Didn’t think that was possible.

It is good to see how long and peaceful this topic is - I stumbled upon some discussions where people get too nervous sometimes… :panda:

this thread is like the world’s longest moment of interrupted intercourse.

7 Likes

i feel the need to post daft punks harder faster stronger song after your comment

1 Like

:grin:

I just want to reiterate, that I really hope it’s some sort of recording device. Making music with Elektron boxes is so much fun. The only hindrance to the stream of making music is ensuring all my connections and everything’s set up for my interface and computer and daw. Like a speed bump of stress before I’m able to capture the sound of my jam to take everywhere I go. So an elektron recording device where you can just plug everything into that(or those) and have at it. And then overbridge/USB load it into a computer for finishing touches(or better yet, be able to do all the production on the box(overbridge mainly for visuals)) that would make me a really happy camper. Also, with a intuitive way for me to record my acoustic instruments into it.

I’ll take two

3 Likes

It would HAVE to be a recording box of some sort, right?! I mean, they’ve liberated near everything else from the computer, right?!

1 Like

I think it’ll be LIKE the OT in effects and playback and adjusting incoming audio, but not something to mangle samples with. More for finished pieces. Oh please Elektron, spread your magic across the magical realm of recording equipment! I don’t play live at the moment, but I find bliss in creating new pieces. I will love you forever, even if down the line you make the Elektron Nickleback <3

2 Likes

Elektron, listen to this guy right before me, here. He says it like it is.

1 Like

Seriously - holding back my gear spending money just in case it is what ryan says.

2 Likes

Same here, actually. I don’t have anything immediate I’m getting, but if this was what Elektron’s got cooking, then I’ll be banging on their doors as they launch this (literally, since I live kind of next door to their HQ).

@andreasroman How is that tunnel coming along?
I hope the authorities have not noticed that growing mound of dirt outside your place…

4 Likes

Actually, they did give me some trouble at first. Then, when I argued, “Well, but Elektron’s released a teaser like before the summer and now they’re not telling us what they’re up to”, the Government went, “Whoa, that’s just bad manners. And here we are, thinking we’d talked them straight this time.”

So this project is now government-sponsored and I even got a private tweet from a judge in the Supreme Court, saying that it’s people like me that keep the good fight going.

They’re even making a movie about it. “The Tunnel and the Warrior”. JJ Abrams wanted to direct but I said, “Please. You’ve done enough harm.” And he sort of agreed and now Sam Mendes is doing it. Brad Pitt plays me, Johnny Depp plays Cenk and Meryl Streep plays all the other parts.

15 Likes

Like this… + loop sequencer + analog FX ?

1 Like

Same!

if Elektron decides to release some sort of a stand-alone recorder that allows audio tracking/effects/parameter locking device, that would be a dream come true…i simply HATE making music on a computer…

4 Likes