New Elektron Box 2016

Hey, if John can do it, why not Axl? Bonus points if you can find the silver boxes…

The big clue in the video is the circle and square imagery, i.e putting a round peg (audio jack) into a square hole (usb).

i.e. it’s a USB overbridge audio interface.

I fear all our synthy, loopy, sequencey dreams might be farfetched.

Let’s hope it at least mixes though and has some controls for colouring the sound…

^ We can change the title of the thread to the relevant year and it will all still be valid.
Apart from the odd post.

Have you guys also noticed how the video gets less blurry as we get closer to release date?

:ecstatic:

1 Like

Cenk only stated a few things but one main point was “it will be aimed at the studio” which means not another performance synth/sequencer!! And probably not FX or anything aimed at live performance. The current instruments are all studio and live tools so why would he make the point if it was another one.

Unles he’s just teasing badly like elektron, “it’s nothing they have done before”

Studio processors/interface or furniture all change how you make music :sunny: and means I don’t need to spend any cash on it.

So… Unless It’s a Parameter lockable hardware channel strip ?!

It’s a desk with built in speaker stands.

1 Like

Nice board baby .

Analog Multi FX box with Overbridge, €299

Big reveal on Friday, according to a friend of a friend who wants to remain anonymous because he signed an NDA and also because I just made him up.

:sunglasses:

7 Likes

first

1 Like

See http://johnfrusciante.com/article/foregrow-ep for more.

1 Like

This waiting… It’s like clock watching at work on a really, really slow day, waiting for my shift to end! :laughing:

API boards are killer.

I’m pissed at Elektron but maybe even more at all those websites (sonicstate, synthtopia, soundonsound, etc) who have seen the product, who relay the teaser and who won’t say anything else.
I know this isn’t investigation journalism but still, pisses me off.

SOOOOOOOO annoyed by all this.
Gonna go with Squarp Pyramid i think.

I want

1 Like

to be

1 Like

nr 1000

4 Likes

Hopefully they had this silly goal of a 1000 posts before they release the kraken.
BTW, you should fire the guy in charge of communication 'cause this a disaster.

Whoa. Last I heard of him was mostly guitar work. I’m excited to check this out. Thanks for the share.

Yeah im pretty bored of the whole thing tbh

I can’t say I’m “pissed off” without feeling a little childish. However, usually when a company teasing something in this nature finally releases it, there is a lot of disappointment.
The problem is Elektron makes crazy sick gear but it’s always limited in some (imho) assanine way. The AR comes to mind in terms of no MIDI out and a completely wasted set of audio inputs (seriously, they sh#t the bed on that one).

With that said, the serious predictions on this page are not only great, but vital for a lot of us who make modern music (i.e. Elektron Mixer like roland aira MX1). Sadly, I doubt that is what’s coming although Ill glady eat everyone of these words with a sweet sauce if I’m wrong.

In the end, I’m sure whatever comes out will be cool, but I fear the overall disappointment will harm sales and unfortunately harm Elektron,s image. All I can say is I was about to pull the trigger on an OT then hesitated due to these shenanigans (honestly I was holding out for OT2).

I’m not rich… And I already spent the dough. Also, it seems the OT still has issues and it would be nice to know resources were being focused there instead of silly advertising, but that’s a whole other issue.

Anyway, let’s hope whatever comes thru the pipeline blows are minds right? (The AR continues to do this to me even after a1/2 year!!!)

BT

1 Like

I’ve already gone through all the various stages of emotions encountered during these Elektron tease campaigns. I denied the fact that I didn’t know what it was at first; then, I got angry that I didn’t know. Currently, I’m at acceptance… still interested, but accept that I don’t know. I’m ready to move on now.