New Elektron Box 2016

So much yes to this. One of the things that pushed me towards the AK over the A4 was using the joystick for CV. As fun as that is, I always find myself wishing I could patch some CV in from the modular for further madness. It would be great if Elektron gave us some CV ins in the future.

Yaā€™ll going stir crazy up in here tho

1 Like

What if my plans are two months off from the persons plans Elektron is planning for?

4 Likes

What will happen once this thread hits 1000?
Do we unlock a forum achievement?

Our phones transform in to the new Elektron megatech unitā€¦ Be readyā€¦

2 Likes

we will gain the ā€œgolden elektron tabardā€

1 Like

This is so evident : next Elektron machine is a pure FM synth ā‰„6 tracks and ā‰„6 voices per track, with cream FX on top.
:tongue:

4 Likes

OK I will give a guess: At the end of the video, the camera focuses on the stick gear shift in the car, moving without hands. Could this be a clue for the device having a joystick with motorized automation?

My newest guess: itā€™s nothing. We all thought the video they posted a few weeks ago was a teaser, when really itā€™s just a more or less entertaining clip of people making music, then driving away in a car.

Looking back, it seems obvious: who would do a teaser campaign in 2016?

:smiling_imp:

New to the party so not sure if Iā€™m rehashing things that have already been (probably) but Iā€™m gonna chip in regardless
If its something new that doesnā€™t overlapā€¦

Has Elektron every done a poly focused synth? I know the A4 can achieve a kind of pseudo 4 voice polyphony but its not really its focus is it, so say an 8 or 12 voice box? Iā€™m not really a chord player though so I hope its not this one.

What about modular? A box that can interface with eurorack modules, no idea how that would work though.

And drawing from the video and also the one Iā€™d like to see; an external line processor, but not in a stompbox fashion. Somewhere between a vocoder and a talkbox perhaps? The video shows different sound sources (violin, body musicā€¦) perhaps external ins which you can modify with FM or a carrier signal or something. All built around the sequencer and running Overbridge so you can have your guitar for example sounding like a supersaw from hell, or your alien vocal locked in with the other 3 boxes with tempo sequenced sends, effects or modulations. Perhaps a bpm counter similar to a Virus so you can perform the analog boxes live and loose with the bpmsā€¦

Just some thoughts :slight_smile:

It shouldnā€™t do - the A4 is an absolute killer instrument. Total beast

1 Like

The Elektron way of sequencing, parameter locks, very step-focussed, isnā€™t very suitable for poly sequencing. So I doubt they will ever really go poly, and make a new machine thats focussed on poly play.

Actually i dont want another box in my live rig. A4 + AR and MM + MD is already enough.

Id love to be able to exchange the noise generator in my A4 with a small wavetable synth,
perhaps in the fashion of the MM DDRW machine. Just a bunch of built in waveshapes with
all the standard waveforms included would be sufficient for real three note chords per track, without
the limitations to certain intervals as with the 5th sub oscillator option.

I know i should head over to the feature request thread :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The name of the unit has been leaked:

Elektron Bam-A-Lam

1 Like

Plz. Not even close. Itā€™s the Elektron Analog Bam-A-Lam.

9 Likes

Youā€™re a good sport, Simon

2 Likes

Add 6 Operators, 6 Tracks, 6 Voices and call it Elektron 666.

1 Like

Would work nicely with bim, bam boum from oto

OH MY GOD!
A MOD SAID ANALOG!!!

IT WILL SURELY BE ANALOGUE!

Analog Octatrack FX video editing with DAW overbridge enabled 100% CONFIRMED!

4 Likes