New Elektron Box 2016

I am so down for a suprise OT v2.
This box shall:
-Overbridge w/ 8x L/R inputs
-8x L./R analog inputs for using OT as mixer / extended fx processor/ multitrack recorder
-Greatly expanded and improved fx and internal routing, including at least 4 digital fx + filter available per track and two bonus submix channels.
-Analog filters pre and post digital fx chain
-Free routing to additional analog filter bank
-Part per pattern
-MIDI scenes, send MIDI snapshots etc.
-Full VST integration
-5" lcd to accommodate full internal DAW style audio and performance data recording and editing. (replaces arranger)
Etc. (full list available upon request) :wink:

I reckon they would have retired the OT at the same time as MD and MNM if they were planning such a thing.

1 Like

I agree,

This picture shows only that the guy just got a new OTā€¦ thats it

1 Like

Thanks Elektron for the new octatrack.

Thatā€™s what she said.

If their history speaks for itself, Elektron wonā€™t release an OT2 unless there is an upgrade path for the current OT. Since the OT is still in production, I think itā€™s safe to assume that whatever their next release will be is not an OT2.

Interesting speculation is starting to dry up around here. Needs more internet.

OT2 would be my choice , but others have said dataline stated its not OT2. Sampler/mixer/fx box would be awesome imo. And I really think itā€™ll be something along these lines.

DId anybody else see this on the front page just now? I think this isā€¦ it.

OT2 could be all that.
More of an OT+.

1 Like

For the hundredth time, it has been said that it does not over lap with previous machines.

Iā€™m going with audio interface of sorts.

What are we looking at here?

A poor Photoshop of something called The Kit with a background designed to fool scrollers.

Itā€™s always best to spend money on products that actually exist.

2 Likes

Iā€™m half way saved up for an analog 4. Iā€™d hate to purchase and then have buyer remorse when this mystery box drops, but I canā€™t imagine it would sway me away from A4.

I have read these guess posts for around 5 years now.
One thing that always comes up each year is the mixer/fx box idea. There have been/presently many people putting their hand up for such a box. The idea makes sense.

It is only a matter of timeā€¦

Itā€™s gonna be Elektronā€™s take on the OP-1. A small battery powered device that can do it all!
Korg tried this with Electribe 2 but sort of half-assed it. Elektron will get it right.
Also, it will somehow integrate with the forthcoming OP-1 OS update.

probably not

It would be nice if Elektron at least say what it is.
Some people plan to buy X and Y and can wait for a new product, but without knowing what itā€™s going to be itā€™s hard to manage your budget.

6 Likes

Word!

1 Like

Oh comon already ā€¦i just cancelled my octatrack ā€¦

I think theyā€™d piss offa whole bunch of people if they just played all this out for a software daw.
I think a sort of resynth thing is possibly where itā€™s at.