New Elektron Box 2016

Are we there yet?

1 Like

My guess would be multichannel Audio Interface with analog filters and onboard fx and lfoā€™s with overbridge support and ofcourse the elektron sequencer.

Did I find a clue? So there is a guitar amp in the new video, we hear guitars in the new video, and on their accessories page and their instrument cables page they have different pics of them being plugged into guitar amps. Thatā€™s a lot of guitar for a synth company.

1 Like

I still hope that it will be some kind of guitar synth like the boss sy300 or ehx microsynth and that in elektron style, analog filters, nice effects, etc. Yummieā€¦

But a elektron mixer with great effects, analog filters and usb support is still, something that is missing in the elektron rigā€¦

i hope i can use it without a guitar though

I cant play guitar so thats my hope too, but you can put any input audio then. Vocals, fieldrecordings, etc. And synthesise itā€¦

Itā€™s a Elektron Car they want to be ahead before Apple makes one :elan::elan:

If Elektron created something that could expand the RYTM; perhaps provide some sort of preamp to make the audio input of the RYTM functional, and/or allow direct transfer of samples to the RYTM via usb (with samples it can record), Iā€™d be quite interested.

IF Elektron released a decent size mixer,
with their sequencer, conditional trigs etc
updated array of FX,
OB compatible,
plenty of knobs plus sliders,
It will something nobodyā€™s done so far.

2 Likes

26,000+ views of this thread in less than 2 months.

The teaser has worked!

4 Likes

I think 1k hits are mine alone

10 Likes

come on elektron, at least give as a new teaser. what, am i supposed to get work done here? the last teaser is a week oldā€¦

1 Like

Make yours !
Youā€™ll have as many views on YouTube :smiley:

2 Likes

I believe it will be a new sampler with a focus on live capturing and looping of line insā€¦ With OB of course.
Plus they have a category saying samplers on the web page. A4 and AR didnā€™t overlap the MD and MM and this new Sampler audio tracker thing wonā€™t completely overlap the OT. I guess itā€™ll be slim on midi.

2 Likes

Sampling (or at the very least looping) is very probable IMO

What if elektron took notice of all the people who thought the OTā€™s sampling doesnā€™t feel straightforward and immediate enough?

2 Likes

Yeah, seems increasingly obvious to me that itā€™ll be something like the EHX 45000 but with Overbridge support and a footswitch included. It will make a big splash in the looper pedal market, get written up as some kind of pedal designed by an advanced alien civilization due to its atypically deep feature set, and be featured in a Reggie Watts demo that officially solidifies Elektronā€™s brand equity outside of techno and idm.

EDIT: And it wonā€™t overlap with the OT in any material sense because (1) it will have no internal or external sequencer (though a remarkably thorough MIDI implementation), and (2) nobody gets or keeps an OT only for the Pickup Machines.

There, how did I do?

5 Likes

That would fit just nicely in my set up feeding into my OT. Itā€™s pretty difficult recording into my OT when Iā€™m playing guitar/bells/whatever

Apparently, the AR unveiling was 54 days after the teaser. Itā€™s been a week, so, at most, 44 more days until we figure out what the hell it is :smiley:

3 Likes

Unveiling date is not the same as shipping date. Remember the OB? :totes:

OMG Iā€™ve found the BOX

3 Likes