New Elektron Box 2016

Rule #4

Doubt it’s a guitar pedal

Does seem like it has mic and guitar inputs tho

Maybe it has a pedal input as an accessory. But the ‘studio use’ thing makes me doubt portability.

I hope it has synths :slight_smile:

1 Like

After a second watch of the vid I’m pretty sure it’s something along the lines of an advanced moog freq box/vocoder/guitar synth type box. Something that uses incoming signals to trigger synth envelopes and such. Really cool!

2 Likes

Do I get a prize for guessing right? :wink:

2 Likes

Highly processed violin, guitar, beatboxing, and foley sounds in the video… seems like the FX/mixer unit speculation is on the right track. Analog filters with digital delay/reverb/etc. I’m down with that although those of us who already own A4 / OT can do a lot with external sounds already.

1 Like

That’s the thing! I don’t think the instruments/sources in the vid are processed. It seems more like they’re opening envelopes, no? Call me crazy.

Whatever it is I am very excited about hitting my mouth into it when it finally comes out

3 Likes

Envelope follower!

1 Like

Yeah! That!

Hrrm, Synthtopia’s got the scoop, but they’re holding back for now: http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2016/07/05/whats-elektron-got-coming/

3 Likes

was not the announcement due on the 23rd of june?

I agree with it being a looper effects pedal of some sort. The OT (pickup machines) didn’t work out well as a looper. Never quite lived up to it’s potential. Being a guitarist, I always wanted it to be more, but in the end it was a disappointment. I would be ecstatic.

Anyone picking up hints of UA Apollo etc? An OB equipped interface with effects would certainly be ‘studio’.

Hope I’m wrong and it is a crazy digital synth.

1 Like

Agreed.

My guess:

Analog FX
Analog Filters
Digital FX
Digital USB audio Interface
No onboard record
USB ins (OB series)
Records to DAW, syncs to FX live
Works as a thru FX box for stage via USB or Analog ins
Mic Pres, Hi Z’s, and dual TRS ins/outs
Full overbridge control

Elektron AnalogDrive

Lol

2 Likes

Where’s that guy that suggested the “Overneath”? I want that :smiley:

that sounds great!!
196 k sound card please with high end dacs and tubes!!!

Recently i’ve got a mail from Escapefromnoise, a company from Sweden if i’m correct. I think you should read this:

As you might have seen Elektron is making a come back in the shop. This time we have all their instruments listed. And they have promised to announce even more new gadgets soon!

Seems that there will be more than one tool

3 Likes

I think they’re inviting more musicians to play. They’re blending traditionalists with modern electronica. Looking at some of the collaborations in their promo videos, it’d make sense to enable not just more electronic musicians, but musicians in general.

6 Likes

definitely not, enjoy the ride :loopy: hands up :smile_cat: :smile_cat:

Could be a plural of a singular gadget.