New Elektron Box 2016

What are the odds that they don’t even have a product and are just in the mood for empty teasing

These types of threads are great for any manufacturer/engineers for creative ideas for future product development from the +Drive of Machine Users like us.

1 Like

[Mod Reminder]
There are community guidelines, please read them
https://www.elektronauts.com/guidelines

The C word is off limits

Let’s be more creative with the language peeps :thup:

Thanks

4 Likes

As I understand he says what he personaly likes but that has nothing to do with the upcoming product which he makes pretty clear.

1 Like

Analog MIXR

:elan: :elan:
big bruvva watching

3 Likes

Very funny, but yes, we are :wink:

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::+1:

P lockable multi track (6 mono- 3 stereo) fx unit.
Analog distortion and overdrive, digital reverb, digital delay, phaser, chorus, flanger, granular and gating. (And more machine fxs)
4 fx per stereo track.
Playable mixer and macro (performance) controls for fx.
No midi out.
Cv in and out.
Price… €850

1 Like

Yes, that sounds plausible.

Plus high-bandwidth USB 2 or USB 3 output via Overbridge to computer.

Why no midi out?

Yes OB to process DAW sounds! Forgot about that! :slight_smile:
No midi out like in the range of the latest analogue machines. I think the OT still is the multitrack sequencer machine that covers midi out, in an fx unit probably it will have midi in and out for sinc and program change, but for sequencing external units, only cv

1 Like

I’m gonna attempt yet another guess: It’s an iOS and/or Android app.

Think about it: totally fits with the video, doesn’t cannibalize any of the hardware, fills a void that has previously been filled by third-parties making things for the app store like Strom (which, by the way, is very much on Elektron’s radar, as their release notes for recent updates to the Rytm mention it by name), isn’t in the shape of existing boxes, is VERY affordable, and puts them in touch with a much, much, much wider audience. It would be an extension of their software interests with Overbridge. It’ll probably be helpful, it will probably serve to sell a whole lot more Electkron Analog boxes, and it will probably be so cheap as to be a no-brainer for everyone on this forum that has a compatible device.

If we have any luck and they stay with their reputation for innovation, it will probably expand the paradigm of what people think of doing with iOS apps. In a way, Strom already kind of did that by allowing you to send samples to a Rytm. You guys will probably think of examples, but I can’t really think of any other iOS apps that expand the functionality of hardware like that. I suppose some gear makers like Eventide have iOS programmers for their gear, but Strom actually added functionality to the Rytm that didn’t exist without it, namely live sample record + transfer without using dedicated sysex.

So this app, if that’s indeed what this is, might open up whole new features for existing Elektron boxes.

What might that look like?

What about letting you use the Rytm as the synth engine for an Impaktor-type live drumming app? What about letting you use the Analog Four as a dedicated effects box for external inputs? Or as the analog-filter-equipped front end of an iOS sampling app?

This could actually be pretty exciting, not to mention less damaging to my personal finances :slight_smile:

1 Like

my bet is it is a ‘gadget’ as has been mentioned by some retailers under NDA. i.e. it won’t be a full elektron box in the sense of an MNM/OT/A4. Instead it will be something much more affordable, but deserving of the elektron logo/premium.

something to do with a microphone fits the video (hand claps) and the ‘studio’ aspect that has been mentioned…

Perhaps a Zoom H4N-type thing with overbridge so you can use it as a vst soundcard, that records and shoot samples to the rytm over sds with the press of a button makes sense.

Plenty of room though for sync ingenuity for such a small handheld device.

I’d be really surprised if it is a box in the same form factor as the existing line up.

3 Likes

I like this.
If memory serves correctly, the issue with USB 2 and above on the analog boxes was noise/crosstalk from the analog synth components.
Full bandwidth OB would probably have a higher track count.

This is why the teaser campaign excites me more than it frustrates me. It’s another opportunity to imagine.

1 Like

No more need to speculate; it’s Overhub MKII. It’s going to have 8 ports instead of 7, is a bit thinner, and has an improved paint job that is less prone to scuffs and chipping.

6 Likes

One more stab: If it’s more than one, and it’s smaller: Elektron FX pedals (some with mic pres?) with a p-lockable mini-sequencer and USB for OB.

1 Like

Ok … Elektron… i try it this way:

I have the AR, A4 & OT. To keep things in order i have to buy a 2-end-cheeks stand for my AR & A4. Do i need a second one? :ecstatic:

1 Like

I’d be so pleased if this was going to be some sort of portable looper/recorder/FX box that would let me capture and tweak some impromptu jams here and there, with the possibility to bring the results later to the studio via solid overbridge connectivity.
I’m pretty curious about the “elements” factor at the very beginning of trailer. Smaller boxes dedicated to each element, or one bigger one that rues them all ? Hmmm

1 Like