New Elektron Box 2016

Anyone picking up hints of UA Apollo etc? An OB equipped interface with effects would certainly be ‘studio’.

Hope I’m wrong and it is a crazy digital synth.

1 Like

Agreed.

My guess:

Analog FX
Analog Filters
Digital FX
Digital USB audio Interface
No onboard record
USB ins (OB series)
Records to DAW, syncs to FX live
Works as a thru FX box for stage via USB or Analog ins
Mic Pres, Hi Z’s, and dual TRS ins/outs
Full overbridge control

Elektron AnalogDrive

Lol

2 Likes

Where’s that guy that suggested the “Overneath”? I want that :smiley:

that sounds great!!
196 k sound card please with high end dacs and tubes!!!

Recently i’ve got a mail from Escapefromnoise, a company from Sweden if i’m correct. I think you should read this:

As you might have seen Elektron is making a come back in the shop. This time we have all their instruments listed. And they have promised to announce even more new gadgets soon!

Seems that there will be more than one tool

3 Likes

I think they’re inviting more musicians to play. They’re blending traditionalists with modern electronica. Looking at some of the collaborations in their promo videos, it’d make sense to enable not just more electronic musicians, but musicians in general.

6 Likes

definitely not, enjoy the ride :loopy: hands up :smile_cat: :smile_cat:

Could be a plural of a singular gadget.

from the video teaser it could be a device that triggers and controls sounds through audio input. you know, playing drum sounds by tapping on a surface with your fingers, controlling a filter cutoff with your voice…

“for studio use”: the audio input wouldn’t work in a noisy live situation

1 Like

Almost all of us here are electronic musicians. So we’re thinking inside the boxes that Elektron has provided to us so far.

I think the assumption that this is an extension of what Elektron is already doing, albeit clever, is wrong.

Overbridge can mean many things. It can be a bridge between analog and digital, but also a bridge between the hardcore electronic producer and the classically trained violinist.

Since I’m married to one, my wife plays the violin, this would make so much sense to me. If Elektron can create a bridge over that perhaps not philosophical but somewhat practical gap, then their new customers could potentially be any musician, playing any instrument, with Elektron’s gear.

If my wife somehow got access to the awesome that is Analog Rytm, for example, but sticking to her violin - wouldn’t that be something? I have no idea what that could be. But perhaps the creatives at Elektron do and perhaps Overbridge was always built with that in mind.

4 Likes

thumbs up for Elektron Clouds with Overbridge Parasites Firmware
you can modulate it via CV outs from your Anloug Four!

From reddit

I’m 100% positive they have been working on some kind of distortion box. I have no idea if it will have any abilities beyond that (looping, other effects, etc).
The distortion in the video didn’t sound all that great and, as much as I love Elektron, these types of teasers are extremely tiresome.
permalinkembedsavereportgive goldreply
[–]slujj-vohauloctatrack / analog4 / blofeld / electribe2 2 points 12 hours ago
I’m 100% positive they have been working on some kind of distortion box.
Just because everyone has been saying that online or do you know someone at Elektron? It seems like a good guess but these things can be affected by the echochamber of online discussion.
permalinkembedsaveparentreportgive goldreply
[–]regissss 3 points 12 hours ago
I’m friends with someone in the industry who got the information first-hand and would have no reason to lie about it.
[–]slujj-vohauloctatrack / analog4 / blofeld / electribe2 3 points 12 hours ago
Right on. Any info on a general timeframe for release?
[–]regissss 2 points 8 hours ago
I have none, sorry. I doubt it will be too long though. They aren’t Roland.
[–]majinmorris 5 points 12 hours ago
Mark my words. “Video Synthesizer”
[–]asilvermtzionrevolving door gear policy in effect 6 points 20 hours ago
This is just cruel. Why would they do that to us?
That plate number… AUK 421… That’s gotta mean something, right?
[–]the_codyPro 2/A4/MDuw/OT/MnM/OP-1/AJ2/ER-1/Nord Drum/Meeblip/iPad 17 points 12 hours ago*
A U K = 1 22 11 = January 22, 2011 = Release date of Octatrack
4 2 1 = four two one = for second one = Octatrack 2 confirmed
[–]Dream-SynthesizerSub37 | Rytm | OT | Prophet 12 | Nord Electro 3 3 points 16 hours ago*
421-1=420
AUK -1 = AUJ.
So is AUJ short for something that starts with "Analog…"and is stoner friendly?
Or are they saying you can get “A UJ for twenty” $? Either way we need find out what UJ stands for…
Edit: We might be looking at an equation like puzzle. If so it would be AUK+1=AUL instead.
Edit2: Im gonna go with Analog Ultra Looper. Or Analog Unit Joiner
[–]asilvermtzionrevolving door gear policy in effect 5 points 15 hours ago
I’m impressed with your reasoning. All I could come up with was things relating to sea birds.
[–]Dream-SynthesizerSub37 | Rytm | OT | Prophet 12 | Nord Electro 3 8 points 14 hours ago
Well, thank you. I am actually hired part time by the Illuminati to come up with far fetched conspiracy theories to confuse and dillute discussion on online forums. So this stuff is kinda my field of expertise

Matrix synth

2 Likes

Half Life 3 confirmed.

7 Likes

sound controlled synth?
you can plug in electric guitars or mic up your finger drums or piano, run it through the box and get some crazy synth sounds out of the instrument you’re used to playing.

Guess it’s at least a portable OverBridge audio interface.

Bring in your audio to your DAW through a VST to add (4 to 6) channels alongside your existing asio box on windows (that would be the ‘studio’ aspect Cenk described), perhaps with high quality mic pre-amp and onboard micophone.

This fits with the video.

Add analog filters per channel, granularizer, mangler, FX, looper, recorder, SDS-send-to-RYTM and perhaps a sequencer, with midi and sysex.
It might then allow most 3rd party synths (with usb or din midi) to be quasi ‘overbridged’ into your DAW with a customizable overbridge vst GUI to control their parameters.

Plug in A4/RYTM via USB and the new box can then record multitrack audio and ‘meta sequence’ the other boxes as an multi LFO brain without a laptop.

This leverages elektron’s recent foray into overbridge and overhub hardware. Overhub is currently out of stock…

Bingo!

3 Likes

It’s clearly a p-lockable 96 point patch bay.

I would actually kill for that😶

3 Likes

I wonder if the people at Elektron who are reading this are thinking “Ha! We got them good! They have no clue…” or “Eek! They want a mixer. We don’t have a mixer. What are we gonna do now? They really seem to want a mixer…”

2 Likes

I stick to my earlier post…

Overbridge enabled multi in/out effect (jam)box
All kinds of routings just like Boredbrain’s Patchulator 8000 but not with wires,
but in a Elektron way… pads/knobs/matrix something playable, an instrument which controls the sound of all the incoming instrument signals and more…

2 Likes

From latest video, I’m guessing it has sampling/sample playback capability. I’m actually hoping for a mega sequencer.