New e.p. - Internet Beauty - 15 mins you'll never get back

So I have finally released my first e.p. as a solo musician and it is up on BC:

The beats were made in the first half of this year, mainly from samples and a few synths. All the song titles are taken from the subject lines of spam emails and are meant to be positive or funny. I wanted to turn something useless into something helpful instead - hence the name of the e.p. “Internet Beauty” (I’m sure other people have done this before).

Anyway, I wanted to share it with the good folk of this forum. Mpc One did the heavy lifting with Circuit, Sp 404sx and PO33 helping with initial ideas. Any thoughts are welcome, thanks!

(As an aside, it will be interesting to see if the admin cost of sending people like me the €0.00001 royalty cheque because my Mum listened to it once on Spotify will eventually add up, and bring down all the streaming giants…probably not)

11 Likes

Great vibe, and I like the track name concept a lot! Nice work.

1 Like

Yep, nice work!

Even ‘15 Mins You’ll Never Get Back’ would make an excellent album / EP title haha.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot :pray: appreciate it

:joy: yes! Thanks @craig, now you’re talking

1 Like

i dig that really dry sound of “real men fry turkeys.” nice work!

any details on eq/mastering/production chain for this release? it sounds good.

1 Like

Very funky. Love this. It’s my friday night groove.

1 Like

This is great. High production value, great grooves, awesome.

1 Like

Really appreciate the listen, thanks man!!

The mixing was all done on the MPC one with a combination of the AIR limiters and compressors. For that particular drum track, I’d chopped up a loop which was at a faster BPM, so the drums sounds are a bit staccato at the slower speed. Then used some light compression and para EQ to kill the highs.

I completely cheat for mastering due to a combination of crappy ears and only having basic monitors (JBL 305P mkII). I use the free Bandlab service, and in fairness it seems ok.

1 Like

Really pleased you like it, means a lot :pray:
Listened to your new e.p. this morning When We Arrived, which is just a joy. Want to listen to it a bit more tomorrow, before replying in your thread

1 Like

Thanks for the positive comments, really good of you to take a listen and pleased you liked it :+1:

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like