Behringer EDGE : semi-modular percussion synth

yes I think it’s best that we all regularly take a step back and remind ourselves that how serious a musician you are is aligned perfectly with how much you spend on gear. It’s important that we state this lest the poor scum become too big for their boots
:tophat:
:face_with_monocle:

7 Likes

I will continue to post, when i have significant and on topic things to say, that furthers a factual discussion relative functional aspects of the Edge. I have purposely moved any posting regarding Behringer specifically to the Clone War thread. I think if others do the same and show respect of others then posting here is fine.

ADDED : There is now also a Behringer Synth Quality thread.

6 Likes

Being respectful towards others matters. :+1:

3 Likes

praise Lord Uli, he has blessed us with another weapon to wield

Longtime (mostly) lurker here logging in to say we really appreciate your serious effort contributions @Jukka

As anyone might expect, one doesn’t come here to specific gear threads to read spam on how behringer is the devil ruining the world.

I don’t have that much space left on my studio so I usually prefer to pay more and have quality gear on my table instead of wasting time and space with cheap gear.
I don’t own any Behringer or Moog equipment at the moment - mostly because I like to keep my studio as minimal as I can and Elektron really fills most of my needs.

That being said, I’m super curious about semi modular and knob per step - I’m following this topic expecting to know more about functionality and sound quality on this specific device.

4 Likes

I’ve created a thread to discuss the quality of Behringer synths. Their will be interesting discussion there.

Talking about Behringer synth quality is off topic here.

There is also a Clone War thread if that’s your topic.

UPDATED

I mean damn y’all, I was trying to say that I was OK with Edge. Like I can see the value of a cheap DFAM, with midi. The sensitivity is real

2 Likes

make no mistake, I literally don’t give a shit. It’s all gravy

1 Like

It’s a rather regretably loaded/specific title which will create the kind of talk we want to avoid in favour of constructive contribution positive/negative

Something along these lines (below) would be more ‘open’ and preferable @Jukka ! - though it will likely end up in the same place

Behringer gear quality : is it commensurate with cost ?

or something along those neutral/general lines

1 Like

Totally agree.

Factory and working conditions, environmental concerns etc are all valid … intellectual property concerns regarding Big Synth are kinda hilarious.

Please, let’s keep these fairly well covered aspects within their respective existing threads ! moving fwd people let’s aim for Behringer Edge centric posts FTW :thup:

2 Likes

And now I’m hungry again. Thanks.

2 Likes

I want to check out this Edge. It’s the same price as the latest Volcas and I’ll be damned if it isn’t way more interesting to me. I would love Behringer to come up with something a bit more unique, say their own take on a Volca Drum-style digital percussion synth, but from a business perspective something like this is likely far more practical. Run the Edge through the AH and I bet it will come out beastly. I’ll get one when they’re second hand like I do with all my gear, then I can’t even be accused of feeding the machine. :smiley:

2 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: The Clone War - Behringer. Good or Bad?

more perc synths pls

3 Likes

pls no

1 Like

Not sure I agree, but depends on what you mean by seriously, I have tried some different TR808 clones and the RD8 is a winner, so is the Model D and the PRO-1.

Back to topic, I really wish that Behringer would include start/stop/reset and some digital LFO’s to the Edge.

2 Likes

Something similar to korg’s (or Roland’s) active step would be great

there are not enough interface elements to accomodate that functionality in an ergonomic way… (EG 8 buttons)

1 Like

Velocity = 0 could mean step deactivated. Far from ideal but still possible, depending on current implementation. But it won’t happen anyway and you’re right, buttons would be much more ergonomic. I think it’s a missed opportunity.