New Arturia synths?

Very curious what exactly this is.

Blowing up the grainy first photo and comparing it to the Matrixbrute, you can see the part toward the right that might be a mtrix is considerably smaller. On the Matrixbrute its over an octave wide, almost an octave and a third. The unidentified keyboard it is only about a fifth wide, and looks square. The Matrixbrute is slighly wider than it is high.

Good sort of mystery.

are there other patchable polyphonic synths? I’m struggling to think of any… :thinking: typically a patch point is a direct connection between audio points or cv modulation source and destination. I guess maybe they could have a mult behind every point though…?

but yeah you also don’t see 61 key mono synths either. so I’d assume poly.

You mean specifically with a button matrix? Otherwise there are lots of polyphonic synths with modulation matrixes. The Hydrasynth being only one example, plus it has the CV input that maps too. I must be missing something in what you’re saying.

Origin 2, with touchscreen?
But an 8 or 16-voice Matrix Brute MKII makes more sense.

3 Likes

no not a modulation matrix but via patch cables. these green and yellow/orange parts beneath VCO1 mix pot look like 3.5mm patch cable inputs, no? or are they LED’s? there’s a handful of 'em in the other pic further up-thread, with the One and Pro 3 in the pic.

1 Like

I think they’re LEDs since PW doesn’t have them. PW would be a destination.

The button next to them may toggle something, or allow assignments.

Perhaps it is a way to set mod sources via the matrix, which uses two colors for multiple routings.

Hold down destination in the matrix, push button at source to make mod connection.
Perhaps that’s how they got the matrix smaller.

2 Likes

I think they are LED’s just like the original MB. Te button route the mixer channel to one of the filters. The MB does exactly the same.

2 Likes

gotcha, thanks for clearing it up :+1:

I don’t know the MB in-depth so I’m not surprised to be wrong :crazy_face:

Looks like a Matrixbrute MK2 with smaller Matrix and longer keybed. From the first Pic it Looks like, that the Panel can be tilted too. Polybrute?

1 Like

So i notice the Matrixbrute is on sale at a variety of places. Three hundred dollars off here in the US and it looks like something equivalent in Europe.

Now there could be lots of reasons for that, just a plain old sale, or reaction to price and demand pressure due to economic conditions, or something else – so let’s jump to the conclusion that there will be a replacement analog paraphonic monosynth at a more affordable price point. The Matrixbrute 2 ! :laughing:

Obviously i have nothing really to support this.

1 Like

Then it would be a stripped down version. As the above picture shows it only has 2 oscillators and a noise. As the original had 3 oscillators, noise and external input.

So my guess would still be a PolyBrute. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m certain it’s not but they for sure need to produce the super freak :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

One doesn’t preclude the other. Maybe the title on this thread should be pluralized ?

So apparently we still have 19 hours here to speculate (or be silent if under NDA).

Guesses as to how many voices ? Will it be fully polyphonic ? Digital effects or analog only ? Price ? Etc.

And what about the second product ? Is Strangelov3 correct ?

ADDED: This is all wrong apparently i based this on someone elses report, and they were just blowing smoke.

1 Like

Putting my chips on 8 voice, 2 OSC “Poly Matrix”.

Digital parallel FX, Reverb/delay would be nice.

3 Likes

Stereo.

I really like the stereo mixer after the Oscillators but before the filters like on the (digital) Hydrasynth. The analog equivalent of that would be nice.

1 Like

Does anyone know Fred from the KS for his Buzzzy! polysynth? In the most recent update on the Buzzzy! KS page he mentions working with Arturia on the Microfreak and another unannounced product from them. If I had to speculate, I’d say he’s on the Polybrute team. Very interesting.

1 Like

I guess a question to add then would be monotimbral or something more ? Bi-timbrality goes a very long way.

1 Like

In Specific:

What’s next

While being involved with several client projects, namely Arturia’s microFreak update and some yet confidential work, I managed to miraculously extract enough brain time to prepare you the hardware of a new desktop module.

1 Like

Thanks Jukka, definitely a tasty little morsel there!

1 Like