New Aphex Video + Collapse EP

https://aphextwin.warp.net/t69-collapse

30 Likes

Fucking bonkers and totally wicked. Thatā€™s one of the best music videos Iā€™ve ever seen and will definitely blow your socks off if you were under the influence of a certain substance or three. Mad

All hail Aphex!

3 Likes

:heart_eyes:

Mind blowing video. And my favourite track since Xmas evet10

3 Likes

So would the air conditioner

2 Likes

Anyone notice ā€œrtymā€ in the walls of text at the start.

2 Likes

11 Likes

Great video. Ok Aphex track (which is saying itā€™s better than so much else).

Itā€™s probably best it didnā€™t premier on Adult Swim: a mass of stoned 16-24 year old walking around in a stupor after.

Anyway care to guess what knobs those were at one point? Looked like maybe SSL knobs to meā€¦

1 Like

I agree. Track is great, video is next level.

Would absolutely love to know if he uses the elektron sequencer for programming the RYTM or the cirklon

Daniel Trobergā€™s IG story confirms itā€™s a rytm in the vid

4 Likes

Awesome, but unfortunately I canā€™t watch the whole video because of mild epilepsy symptoms.

Great track and video, will cop this for sure.

Sounds a bit like analord and syro which is the aesthetic where Richard really shines IMHO.

1 Like

i know iā€™m going to get flack for my opinion on here, butā€¦ IMO this is a very mediocre track by aphex standardsā€¦ kinda underwhelmed :-/

4 Likes

I feel you.

2 Likes

Awesome

Great video, has elements that remind me of FSOL in their outstanding Lifeforms era, canā€™t really criticise the music as I went off WARP many years ago, not doing it for meā€¦

At least Richard is still here, cannot help but love him, no matter his output :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Nah, I think Aphex has such a broad range that inevitably not everyone is going to like everything he does, I quite like this style but some of his more harder stuff doesnā€™t connect with me, whereas others love that stuff. ā€˜Orses for courses innit :wink:

5 Likes

Agree. Analord, syro and The tuss share similar vibes. This has the same spirit. Beginning and end feature those childlike innocent melodies from him I love so much and the middle part gives me goosebumps. Pure tension. Awesome mood. Great synth effects and awesome drum programming. I really love it.
Parts of this track were featured in a liveset, I think primavera. It was already a fan favorite on youtube

2 Likes

Yay! This sounds like heā€™s back from his, imo, Syro slump!

1 Like

Looks like heā€™s listing equipment used for the album / track. Similar to the list that was created for the album Syro.