New Analog Rytm, same old problem

Owned a Rytm when they first came out.
Sold it because I needed to fund the OT which I needed for my live set up. Now I’ve managed to afford another and I’m loving the new machines and OB.
However, I can’t believe that you still can’t change patterns on it using the OT without a one page delay! Really thought they would have sorted this by now!

1 Like

Fix is apparently on the way “soon” according to the support ticket I received a couple of days ago. It’s a problem on the A4 too. Fingers crossed!

4 Likes

Wait, what? I can change patterns fine on the AR sending Program Changes from the OT…

Yeah, I’ve been able to switch patterns from the OT… all devices switching to the next pattern at the end of the current one. Is that the delay you mean? The only time I’ve come across an issue is when I have a pattern that has different pattern lengths per track.

So when you send a program change, the pattern on the AR changes without a one page delay?

whenever i send a program change by using a different part it changes one page late, same happened with the MD too. If you know how to get them to change straight away please let me know. Thanks.

I used to get round it on the MD by changing patterns with a cc note from the OT but then that would give you a double hit on your first beat every time the pattern on the OT looped. You can’t do this on the AR anyway AFAIK

Oh, right… I am changing patterns on the OT, which makes all the downstream Elektrons ‘queue up’ that next pattern. If they all have the same pattern length, they all end up switching at the same time.

Yeah if you’re talking about changing patterns with parts (something I’ve seen mentioned but don’t know anything about), unfortunately I can’t help. I line my patterns up with one another.

@joshEjosh I too have had issues but seem to get around them if I change my mater lengths to something more “respectable” (32, 64 etc…)

There are definitely still some “bugs”, but workable, IMO.

I suppose I could get the AR to change patterns with the OT but I use a lot of 8 bar patterns and it would limit me to 8 banks which i use as songs, I just wanted the AR to change pattern when it receives program change via CC with a part change. Im being lazy here but if you can be bothered can you tell me which setting to enable the direct pattern follow with machines further down the chain, i can’t remember off the top of my head but I will read the manual if I’m being a pain lol

in fact ignore that request, I’ll read the manual, I hate lazy people who ask questions which are all ready answered in black and white!

on a plus note, I’m massively impressed with OB. Finally gonna have a piece of hardware that doesn’t need to take up all my sound card inputs to have individual outs ha

In light of your self awareness, I’ll indulge :slight_smile:

(AR) Project - MIDI - Sync - Prog Ch: “X” Send, Ch: (here select the Auto Channel you have setup on the AR, any but 1 {change it in the AR if you must}

That should do you. If you have different pattern lengths on the AR, turn the CHNG parameter to “2” (unless you’ve slowed down your OT tracks, in which case increase that parameter by the increment you’ve slowed it down…for example if you’ve slowed it to 1/4 increase the CHNG rate to 8 { I only mention that here because I was having a huge problem with it earlier today})

Actually, @joshEjosh, did you try turning the CHNG parameter to 2?

1 Like

Nice one, thanks for that, makes sense!
Guess I can work it this way as long as I only use 8 banks on the OT, should be enough though tbh, most of the gigs I do are an hour long so that should be enough!
Thanks for the input :slight_smile:

1 Like

That was a while ago, but I think I did. At the time I was trying to get a 12 step pattern on the AR to sync up, so CHNG=2 worked, but it didn’t end up switching mid-pattern like I wanted.

Or, maybe I am not remembering that correctly.

Just one more thing, I haven’t got time to go and try this tonight. If one of my banks on the OT is using 8 bar patterns then I have the change settings on the AR adapted to change in time but if I change to a pattern using 4 bar patterns will it all go wrong?

If you’re not using tracks of different lengths, there shouldn’t be any issue with how long the different patterns are.

1 Like

That would require using Direct Jump on the AR, but the OT doesn’t offer anything like that…

Unless one can send a Program Change via a step on a MIDI track. Can the OT send Program Changes on steps?

Cool, I think I do have some patterns that contain tracks with different lengths but I can probably change that without to much consequence :slight_smile:

Unfortunately not, that would solve everything lol!

1 Like