New Analog Rytm MK2 - Things to Check before 30 days

Hello,

I am a first time elektron user, my Rytm MK2 arrived today. I wanted to start a thread on the list of things that we should check when getting a brand new rytm mk2. We typically have 30 days to test it out before returns are no longer accepted. What kinds of things are known to be problematic? What should we make sure works correctly?

Thank you in advance!

2 Likes

Hi! First, press and hold function button when power up your rytm and enter test mode.
Check all buttons, encoders, pads. Common issues are:

If you don’t have any of these problems, you are fine! :wink: Good luck and best wishes for your purchase!

4 Likes

Thanks man! i just ran the test. Is it normal for keys 1 to show an all white screen and key 2 to show an all black screen? however when holding one down, while pressing the other, only this it show “trig pressed” on the screen? the rest of the keys show it what seems to be normal though.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s normal :+1:

2 Likes

Go to mutes and press all pads off and on. My unit had an issue where pad 8 would trigger pad 7 as well. Press down hard-ish.

Perfect support by elektron on this, quick, professional and great service. <3

Edit: Also, you’re in for a treat, it’s quite a beastly machine!

When you order, make sure you tell the dealer that you want a factory sealed unit, otherwise you might get someone else’s returned unit.

It’s a sad state of affairs for a company when their current reputation causes people to start threads like this. I don’t blame the OP either.

1 Like

It’s a happy state that there exists such an intuitive, tactile, responsive, creative, versatile drum machine.

1st: test how good samples sound through it.

2nd: explore dual vco.

3rd: add performance macros like nobody’s biz!

4th: fine, make sure your pads aren’t too finicky. The price we pay to have such responsiveness is what I say!

1 Like